PDA

View Full Version : Router brushes Craftsman 315.25060

Jon Hester
10-19-2012, 1:42 PM
Not wanting to just chunk a good router... I have a Craftsman 3/4 HP Router, Model 315.25060, that has a broken brush. I was routing the sides on some red oak and heard something go "chink" and it shutdown on the spot.
After dis-assembling, I discovered that one of the brushes had a piece broken off, as well as one of the fan blades underneath broken off. I'm guessing the "chink" was the sound of the fan blade coming off.

Seems no one makes the brushes anymore, can't find them online ANYWHERE, and Sears says they don't make them anymore, any idea's on how to either build a new brush(assuming this will fix the router) or where I might find one?
It's a Craftsman, Model 315.25060.

Hate to toss it... a tools a tool!!

John Lanciani
10-19-2012, 4:31 PM
With the fan busted it's probably time to let it go. The balance will be off now and it's apt to vibrate itself apart.

Jon Hester
10-19-2012, 10:30 PM
I was afraid of that...guess its time to look for another one.

Ruperto Mendiones
10-19-2012, 11:31 PM
"Nobody makes brushes anymore..." I beg to differ. Check out mcmaster.com A carbon brush, if it's a bit oversize, can be filed down to size. How to deal with the fan...that's another issue.

Ruperto

Jon Hester
10-20-2012, 2:38 PM
Awesome site Ruperto! Definitely a bookmark. I may just try a brush to see if it works, and use the router till the fan dies.

Charles Lent
10-21-2012, 9:29 AM
If you can trim the blade that is opposite the missing one by the same amount you should be able to achieve a pretty close balance again. You can get away with doing this for one pair of blades, but you should discontinue use if there is more than one pair of blades missing, since the cooling air flow will be significantly reduced. You should also inspect the fan for cracks and discontinue use if you find any.

Charley