PDA

View Full Version : two wine boxes

Bruno Piancatelli
10-19-2012, 1:22 PM
Hello.
I´ve been reading the forum about a year ago when I started thinking about getting into this business.
I recieved the machine 2 weeks ago and been doing some stuff on it.
Im still working as carpenter and will be doing so until I can hopefully jump into laser engraving full time.
anyway here are two wine boxes I came up with intended for corporate gifts or any other occasion.
its made out of 3mm MDF with melamine cover.

If someone wants the file send a PM.

Dee Gallo
10-19-2012, 3:24 PM
Good work, Bruno! I especially like the one on the left because of the handle.

cheers, dee

Mike Null
10-19-2012, 4:26 PM
Bruno

Very nice work. I think you're going to do very well in your new career.

Frank Corker
10-19-2012, 5:55 PM
Nice job on the boxes!

David Rust
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Very nice Bruno... Did you put supports inside or line the box with fabric? It may not need it, I am just curious how the inside looks. Great job!!

Bruno Piancatelli
10-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Very nice Bruno... Did you put supports inside or line the box with fabric? It may not need it, I am just curious how the inside looks. Great job!!

thanks,
the one on the left is actually not a full box. it has front and back, that bend with the nut at the handles and press the bottle into eachother, the back has some holes that fit into the neck and "shoulder" so the bottle doesnt move.
for the one on the right I made a 3mm MDF square of the size of the interior and has a hole about the diameter of the neck (a bit bigger). you place the bottle in the box and then slide the square inside and it keeps the bottle centered.

Edit: I make sure the slots fit tight and I glue them. specially the bottoms because it must hold the weight of the full bottle.
the joint is very strong but you one must keep that in mind.
they can be modified to have the botton fit into "fail proof" slots into the sides.
I might do that in the future-