PDA

View Full Version : A guitar my friend built

Matthew N. Masail
10-18-2012, 4:52 PM
I went to visit a good friend who builds classical guitars yesturday... we always have great talks about construction, the essence of a MUISICAL instrument and what makes it that way, technical and otherwise.
He filmed me playing a new guitar he just finish, and I though it would be nice to share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNE9HRYq8ng

Sam Takeuchi
10-18-2012, 5:19 PM
Very nice! I'm sure if it was recorded with better sound, it would have done justice, but even without that, it has nice balanced sound throughout. Beautifully done. That headstock veneer adds wonderful accent! Good playing, too :)

Mel Fulks
10-18-2012, 6:12 PM
A nice surprise treat. Thank you. Obviously a nice instrument .

Ted Calver
10-18-2012, 6:40 PM
Thanks Matthew. Very nice playing and a nice sounding guitar.

Chris Vandiver
10-18-2012, 9:58 PM
Very nice!

Harlan Barnhart
10-19-2012, 6:53 PM
It's so beautiful, I feel like crying. Seriously. What is the name of that piece.

Sam Takeuchi
10-19-2012, 7:47 PM
It's so beautiful, I feel like crying. Seriously. What is the name of that piece.

Heitor Villa-Lobos - Suite populaire Brésilienne - Gavotta-Choro

Brent VanFossen
10-20-2012, 2:03 AM
Very nice playing, Matthew. Beautiful guitar, too. I love the veneer on the headstock.

Matthew N. Masail
10-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks Guys (-: it really is a nice guitar... the trebles are still stiff, being a new guitar, but I feel like it has great potential. Harlan and everyone, I haven’t been playing really for a long time, but I plan to get back into it, since you seem to enjoy it
maybe I'll post new videos here, unless that might be a problem bieng that it's off topic ..?