PDA

View Full Version : Just for the record............

Kent A Bathurst
10-18-2012, 4:28 PM
You heard it here first...............

Eduardo Mendoz
10-18-2012, 4:32 PM
huh ???????????????

Dale Coons
10-18-2012, 4:43 PM
Hope So!!!

Kent A Bathurst
10-18-2012, 4:47 PM
Eduardo, Sir:

With all due respect - If you don't get it, you aren't supposed to get it.

Relates to baseball. That is the symbol of The Detroit Tigers. They are about to send The Hated New York Yankees back home with their tails between their legs, having lost 4 games in a row.

Every New York fan understood precisely what I meant.

Let me be the first to welcome you as a new member of the Tigers fan club. No need to align yourself with a bunch of overpaid, losing whiners. :D :D

It is, more or less, a testosterone thing.

Kent A Bathurst
10-18-2012, 4:53 PM
Hope So!!!

Dale - got my Whitaker jersey and my fitted wool cap on. On the patio is a pair of reserved seats from Tiger Stadium. Not that thing they play in now. The actual Stadium.

Spent a lot of time at the corner of Michigan and Trumbull. A lot of time.......in the mid-80's.....if that rings a bell. Tore up them San Diego Quiche-Eaters, dint we?

Brian Tymchak
10-18-2012, 5:15 PM
Not much of a Tigers fan, (Cincinnati Reds to the core..:(), but I would dearly love to see the Yankees go down in a sweep..

This is for Kent - Go Tigers!!!

Andrew Arndts
10-18-2012, 6:14 PM
The Channel that it is on TBS..... Tiger Baseball SMACKDOWN.

Tom Stenzel
10-18-2012, 7:52 PM
Normally at the Livonia archery range it's pretty peaceful. Today one of the regulars brought a radio to listen to the game, the only complaint he got was from someone who couldn't hear it because of the wind.

Yes, he turned the volume up for me!

The deed is done: the Yankees are off to the golf courses. Go Tigers!!!

-Tom Stenzel

Shawn Pixley
10-18-2012, 8:37 PM
I root for the Mariners and whoever is playing the Yankees!

Rich Lester
10-18-2012, 8:48 PM
I've got to chime in on this one.... You Tigers fans need to thank the Orioles, they took the wind out of the Y(Sk)ankees sails. Five tough games going deep into the game and extra innings a couple of times. Being a long time Orioles fan I have developed a deep seated disliking of the pinstripes. It was nice to see the Orioles get to the playoffs after such a long absence, and I believe they will be back there again next year. So for now I will join with you Tigers fans and say congratulations and good luck in the World Series. :)

Kent A Bathurst
10-18-2012, 9:52 PM
Cincinnati Reds to the core..:(

Brian - I am a bit confused here - aren't the Reds part of that Twilight Zone thing known as the National League?

I have heard rumors about those out-worlders, but I really do not know much about them. Seems like every so often the AL meets one of those teams and spanks them................as they will this year................:confused: :confused:

:p :p

Mac McQuinn
10-18-2012, 11:29 PM
It's a shame Ernie Harwell isn't here to see this, I'm sure he's smiling down on his guys though. On to the WS now. Go Tigers!
Mac

Brian Tymchak
10-19-2012, 9:16 AM
Brian - I am a bit confused here - aren't the Reds part of that Twilight Zone thing known as the National League?

I have heard rumors about those out-worlders, but I really do not know much about them. Seems like every so often the AL meets one of those teams and spanks them................as they will this year................:confused: :confused:

:p :p

:) ...Gee, a Reds/NL smackdown after I rooted for your team.. I even watched the last 3 innings of the game last night!

Let's check the stats - hmm, the NL has won the last 2 WS, and 4 of the last 6. So, yes, it actually does happen every once in awhile lately that the AL lucks out and wins the series. :) I mean the AL doesn't even play real baseball, with that DH abomination. ;)

For the record though, if the Cardinals make it to the series, I'll be rooting for your Tigers again.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-19-2012, 9:51 AM
Brian.....don't confuse Kent with facts.....he's delusional........

Michael Weber
10-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Where's a yawn emoticon when you need one.

Marty Paulus
10-19-2012, 12:59 PM
As hard as it is to be proud of living near the D, this is a good time. These guys actually have a chance this year.

Myk Rian
10-19-2012, 2:50 PM
I've got to chime in on this one.... You Tigers fans need to thank the Orioles, they took the wind out of the Y(Sk)ankees sails.
NO WAY. We smoked NY last time we played them.

Kent A Bathurst
10-19-2012, 6:04 PM
NO WAY. We smoked NY last time we played them.

Apparently, the NYY used up their entire $200mm worth of base hits and strikeouts against the Orioles. Couple hundred million don't get you what it used to.................

Ole Anderson
10-20-2012, 7:50 AM
Go Tigers!!!

So disappointed Wednesday when the game got "rained out", we had gone to our good friends house to watch the game. Their 3 boys were Tigers batboys the last time they won the pennant and she had every piece of memorabilia out for the game, which is plenty, let me tell you. Hot dogs and brats for dinner. About the only thing missing were seats from the old Tiger stadium. Then no game.

Kent A Bathurst
10-20-2012, 8:32 AM
.......... About the only thing missing were seats from the old Tiger stadium.

Ole - I have a pair of blue reserved seats from Tiger Stadium outside on my patio. Something around $300 delivered to Atlanta when they demolished the memories at Michigan & Trumbull. Could not let that opportunity pass.

And my 1980's-era Whitaker jersey is kept cleaned and pressed in the closet - it comes out for playoff games. Good mojo so far this year. If I dug around long enough, I could locate a half-dozen programs & scorecards from important games in 1984.

Now, then, if only a fella could get a draft Stroh's at a concession stand near the seats................

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Stoh's is good!

I am a fan of Old Style too!

Kent A Bathurst
10-20-2012, 12:10 PM
I am a fan of Old Style too!

Oddly enough, so am I. But then, what in the heck do I know? I'm delusional...... :D :D :D

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I wish we had "Like" buttons sometimes Kent! LOL!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2012, 1:00 PM
Kent,

I met a guy in Milwaukee in a company school 12 years or so ago. His first name is "Ken" too and he is the lead engineer for my former employer on the South Island of New Zealand. He and I hit it off, had very similar tastes in music and other things in life. 4 years ago when we visited New Zealand for 10 days, we spent 3 days in Christchurch. During the day we were busy with tours and got to spend 2 evenings with my friend Ken and his lovely wife Anne. Ken introduced me to Speight's Gold Medal Ale. Speights is, I believe, a Scottish Ale and due to some kind of a rub with the US goverment and patent offices, they won't import it to the USA. I got this information off of their website shortly after our return. For the rest of our stay in NZ, (we started in Christchurch) I asked and drank Speights exclusively.

Now I have located a microbrewey in Waitsburg, WA, 70 miles away and a larger local brewery in Missoula, MT that brew Scottish ales of fine quality. I have 8 - 1/2 gallon growlers I take to get beer in Waitsburg. I make 3 or 4 trips a year to Waitsburg just to get beer...150 miles round trip. We returned from a 4500 mile driving trip 2 weeks ago. I discovered Kettle House Brewery's Cold Smoke Scotch Ale. They do put it in cans. I discovered Cold Smoke drinking draft at dinner one evening at a local Johnny Carrino's restaurant. The next morning after checking out of the motel we gassed up at a local mini-mart. My wife went in to get me a cup of coffee for the remaining 215 mile drive home. She came out carrying the cup of coffee and 3 8packs of Cold Smoke Scotch Ale. I love that woman!

If you haven't tried a Scottish or Scotch ale, if you will, do try some!

Kent A Bathurst
10-20-2012, 1:00 PM
Well, now, Ken, Sir........

The only people that would hit it on my account are people that don't know me.

I have a small group of close friends - from the gang of thieves that were fraternity brothers 4 decades ago. We've know each other longer than we have known the lovely ladies we are married to. None of them would click on it, I can tell you that for free.

But then - they are also delusional, so I don't listen to them. Never have.

:p

Kent A Bathurst
10-20-2012, 1:07 PM
First - three hours round-trip to stock up on a really good beer seems perfectly reasonable to me.

There are a lot of really good micro-brews, or "a bit larger than micro" brews that are riding the excellent distribution network today. The neighborhood grocery store - Publix - 2 blocks away, has 3 - 4 dozen of them on the shelf, and rotates new ones in there routinely.

Yeah - I have had some Scottish ale, but I am not at your caliber of expertise.

I go a completely different direction on refreshments from Scotland. As a matter of fact, one of our trips was 2 weeks in Scotland, and one stop was a small inn called Minmore House. The ancestral home of George Smith - the founder of Glenlivet. On the grounds of the distillery. The water to the inn comes from the same spring as the water to the distillery.

For me, it was like showering in water from the River Jordan. A religious experience.

Jim Matthews
10-20-2012, 5:17 PM
Right - Baseball aka "Team Golf".

We should be mourning the absence of Ice Hockey -
chess at 50 mph.

Joe Angrisani
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
"chess at 50 mph"

Love It!! Great expression I haven't heard, and even better having just followed Team Golf.

I'll mourn with you.

Jim Koepke
10-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Seems like every so often the AL meets one of those teams and spanks them................as they will this year................

As a Giants fan I hope not.

I don't think it will be

ożo

inspiring.

jtk