PDA

View Full Version : Aloha

Arturo Jauregui
10-17-2012, 9:27 PM
Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. recently became a memeber to the creek. I am in the military but will retire in a few short years. I have been doing custom framing and matting for about ten years now and always wanted to get into engraving so i recently took the plunge and invested in an epilog mini 40 watt.:eek: I am still in the infancy stages as far as learning how to use it but everyday I spend an hour or two messing with corel and run some practice jobs on scrap pieces of wood as well as matboard and tonight im going to try glass. Anyhow Im here to research and learn from you all so if I happen to post some questions that you think are ridiculous:rolleyes:, please keep in mind im still learning. well like I said, I will be on here quite a bit.

Bruce Page
10-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Aloha Arturo, welcome to SMC! There are many talented engravers here to learn from so don't be shy.
Thank you for your service to our country!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Aloha Arturo! Welcome to the Creek! Wade right in....the water's fine!

Mike Null
10-18-2012, 8:15 AM
Welcome Arturo!.

Bruce Volden
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Welcome Arturo. I was @ Scoffield Barracks in 1967-----HATED Hawaii-----it was a time of much racial tension.

Bruce

Scott A Whitehouse
10-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome Arturo,
Thank you very much for your service to our country and keeping us free.
Scott

Martin Boekers
10-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome aboard! you'll enjoy your laser thoughly! I manage the engraving shop on Scott AFB, IL for the DoD AF
if you get out this way stop on in. We do have the USTRANSCOM Command as well as SDDC, so the Army has
representation on base.

Dee Gallo
10-18-2012, 1:52 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Arturo! I'm sure you will find your new toy fun, entertaining and a constant source of inspiration. Mat board is a perfect material to get your bearings with, since it is cheap, easy to work and gives great results. Have at it!

cheers, dee

ps- enjoy your time in Hawaii while you can!

Frank Corker
10-18-2012, 4:44 PM
Welcome to the Creek Arturo. You are going to love it here. Don't be asking me to come and visit you in Hawaii.... ok but just once a year only then.

Michael Kowalczyk
10-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the Creek and Thank You for your service also. My daughter and SIL are currently at Ft Hood and will be somewhere in Germany next year. Let us know. if you can, where you end up.