PDA

View Full Version : TMP Files?

Steve Clarkson
10-17-2012, 8:34 PM
I spent about 2 hours drawing 2 different shapes.......I had multiple copies of these shapes in different places on my .cdr file. I had saved the file numerous times throughout the day. When I was finished, I opened a new blank document and tried to copy some, but not all, of the new shapes to the new document.......needless to say, Corel crashed when attwmpting to do this (I'm thinking they may have been on different layers without my knowledge, which was the cause of the crash).

When I re-opened my .cdr file........EVERY copy of both shapes in numerous places were gone!!!!! And every copy of 5 other shapes I had were still there! It was the wierdest coreldraw issue I've ever had.

I checked the backup copy of the file and it was the same as the original......the two new shapes were gone.

Is there a temp file that I might have on my computer somewhere that might have a previous version of the cdr file with the two shapes? If so, where?

Mark Sipes
10-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Pretty sure the auto back-up is your only spare copy, if that is turned on. you can have it file it to a different directory and how often it backs up changes... but that's it. sorry for your lose.

Joe Pelonio
10-18-2012, 7:45 AM
And that would be a .bak file. I keep it turned on then every few months delete them all.

Martin Boekers
10-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Try searching you computer for the file name and put "backup" in front of it see if it is saved somewhere as an additional backup.
If I work on a project that I think may fail I save it multiple times along the wayand just add a letter to the file name,
that way I have a seporate back up for each step.