PDA

View Full Version : a first for me...

Russell Eaton
10-17-2012, 7:35 PM
I decided to enter three items into the Georgia State fair. It was the first time for me to enter anything. I actually won 2 ribbons, to my surprise. Georgia has a large turning community and there are some VERY talented turners. I got one ribbon for "Fine Art Merit Award" and one for "Honorable Mention". Both pieces are made of ambrosia maple and are spalted. One has a few small burl clusters. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome. Russell

Allan Ferguson
10-17-2012, 7:55 PM
Makes you feel good. I like the simple clean lines. But one seems to have a hole in it. Joy to you!

Bill Bulloch
10-17-2012, 8:08 PM
I served as Docent at the exhibition on Oct 6th and Oct 8th., and saw your turnings; nice job. There were some great pieces on display. Did you go down and see it all? If not, I got pictures of all the pieces on my Website Blog Page. www.billbulloch.com (http://www.billbulloch.com)

I entered three pieces too, and it was my first time to enter anything also. I took the thrid place ribbon in the Segmented Woodturning Category and sold a 15 inch Segmented Salad Bowl. The lady that bought the Salad Bowl went to my website and bought another bowl, so It was a very good first for me.

Alan Trout
10-17-2012, 8:25 PM
Congratulations.

Those are nice bowls.

Alan

Steve Busey
10-17-2012, 8:26 PM
Congrats, Russell! Love the title of the white ribbon winner: Bowl for Dieters :D

Wish I could have seen the exhibit - I'll add that to my bucket list.

Congrats to you too, Bill! Appreciate your service for the art/craft.

Eric Holmquist
10-17-2012, 8:46 PM
Congratulations!

The New England Fair (The Big E) eliminated woodworking related crafts judging years ago

Bernie Weishapl
10-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Congrats. Those are some fine bowls.

Michelle Rich
10-18-2012, 7:32 AM
way to go, Russell..congrats

Tim Rinehart
10-18-2012, 7:50 AM
Congrats Russell. That's a couple very nice accolades, the bowls look to have very clean lines.
Bill B...thanks for your active part and I enjoyed looking at your website. I recognized several pieces but saw a whole bunch more cool stuff I'd not seen before.

Doug W Swanson
10-18-2012, 9:19 AM
Congrats! Great job!

Scott Lux
10-18-2012, 9:50 AM
Congratulations!

Steve Schlumpf
10-18-2012, 12:02 PM
That is excellent news Russell! Congrats!!