PDA

View Full Version : Creek rules

Sandy Henry
10-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I frequently see posts from people that are shopping for a new or used laser. Are members allowed to post about selling a used laser or give info about a third party that has a used laser for sale? Thanks, Sandy

Keith Outten
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Sandy,

Sales of tools, equipment, materials or services are only allowed in our Classifieds Forum.
When we read these kinds of posts we try to determine whether the intent is to inquire about a machine or to promote a sale. It is often difficult to assess what someone is trying to accomplish however we try our best to keep want ads out of our primary forums. This includes people who post a classified advertisement in the proper forum and then create another thread in a primary forum that points to their classified ad which is not allowed.

Mike Null
10-17-2012, 8:23 AM
Members are also not permitted to post information about items for a third party.

Jim Rimmer
10-17-2012, 1:31 PM
I see you are a Contributor so you could post in the Classifieds but Members cannot.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-17-2012, 2:16 PM
Jim...as stated by Mike....even Contributors cannot post a 3rd party sale...in otherwords something being sold b y a 3rd party.

Jim Rimmer
10-17-2012, 4:04 PM
Jim...as stated by Mike....even Contributors cannot post a 3rd party sale...in otherwords something being sold b y a 3rd party.

I guess I thought half the question was if he could post a used laser for sale. Yeah, 3rd party sales are no no's.