PDA

View Full Version : Piggy back lidded form

Eric Gourieux
10-16-2012, 11:34 AM
This was an experiment to test the ability of a large lid handle to offset the disproportionate bowl. I felt like the bowl was too large (tall) for the lid, or the lid was too flat for the bowl. Anyway, for what it's worth, here it is. I have a different handle that I like better. I'll post it for comparison once it is uploaded.

Curly maple 8" x 11"

C & C welcome

Norm Zax
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Thats a BIG handle, but very original. I like your thinking.

Jim Burr
10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
+1 on you handle thought. But...I really like it over all, and the mimick of the handle is cool!!

John Beaver
10-16-2012, 2:39 PM
Kind of a different take on nesting boxes.
I'm not sure the execution is perfect here, but the concept is cool. In this case, the same thing only smaller might be better.
You might try 3 in diminishing sizes, or play with the form a little - maybe a flatter bowl.
I like the concept. Keep experimenting Eric.

Scott Lux
10-16-2012, 3:21 PM
I like the shape and the recursive boxes. I agree a third would really be great. But, I find the color combination doesn't suit me. You've done them very well, but the red/green combo just doesn't sit right with me. Personal taste I think.

David DeCristoforo
10-16-2012, 6:01 PM
This is a tough one. First off, I really like the main form. I also like both of the colors. But, for me they do not work well together. I "get" the idea behind the replication of the form in the "handle" but (again for me) it just does not work. The reason is that the replication demands my attention and pulls me away from the main body of the form which is really what I want to look at. I would much rather see the two elements sitting side by side, each with it's own, much less attention grabbing handles.

Bernie Weishapl
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Really nice Eric but have to agree that the main form is great but handle just doesn't make it for me.