PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I find older threads ?

Kelly Colin Mark
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
A while back I bought a router from another member here. There is no problem with it, but one of my other routers failed and I am wondering whether it happens to be the same model - they look very similar. Unfortunately the ID plate on the router is worn off where the model # would be, so I decided to search for the thread in which it was listed. I couldn't find it, and in fact it seemed I couldn't find *any* threads older than, say, 6 months , at least in the Classifieds.

Are threads purged in that forum, and if so - why ?

Ken Fitzgerald
10-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Kelly,

IIRC.....Classified Ads that result in a sale are purged monthly. Why? I think it is because SMC stores their own data and storing the old outdated Classifieds Ads would take up a lot of space and have very little value.

Hopefully Kieth Outten or one of the other Moderators will chime in with another opinion.

Bruce Page
10-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Kelly, to help keep the Classifieds forum easy to browse all posts are removed after 3 months, based on the last posting or reply date. It is the member’s responsibility to repost expired/unsold items if they choose.

Bruce

Kelly Colin Mark
10-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Kelly, to help keep the Classifieds forum easy to browse all posts are removed after 3 months, based on the last posting or reply date. It is the member’s responsibility to repost expired/unsold items if they choose.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce. I think that's too bad since the Classifieds and the prices therein constitute a valuable resource for its users. I know it's the first place I'd turn to find out how much a given tool might be worth, but with only 3-months history, that's not much history at all.

Unfortunately, the seller of the router has a full Inbox so I have no way of contacting him.

thanks again !