PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Euro Furniture Manufacturing Video

Stephen Cherry
10-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Lots of nice machinery, with hand tool also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKkR4h_gC7o&feature=related

Does anyone know what the machine is at 3:50?

David Kumm
10-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Parveau mortiser. There is a little info on exfactory. Pretty neat although I think the Maka is better liked here. Dave

Peter Kelly
10-15-2012, 1:18 AM
A lot of small to mid-sized shops in Europe seem to be producing short videos about their processes and capabilities these days. If you do a search on YouTube of "schreinerei" + almost any last name in German you'll find loads in Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K12gLCzdDRQ

Joe Kieve
10-15-2012, 8:01 AM
Interesting video for pretty high-end furniture. Saw most employees wearing hearing protection but almost none wearing eye protection. Amusing too that finisher was only wearing a dust mask and not respirator.

Just my observations.

Joe

Bill White
10-15-2012, 3:03 PM
Makes me wanna burn my shop.
Cool machines and processes.
Bill

Jim Finn
10-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Interesting video for pretty high-end furniture. Saw most employees wearing hearing protection but almost none wearing eye protection. Amusing too that finisher was only wearing a dust mask and not respirator.

Just my observations.

Joe I noticed the lack of eye protection also. I also saw a few wrist watches and long sleeves which are no no's around all that machinery.

John McClanahan
10-16-2012, 8:06 AM
The XY panel saw in the first video is quite impressive!

John

Jim German
10-18-2012, 9:13 AM
I too was surprised at the general lack of safety measures. I can't imagine using some thing like a shaper without saftey glasses.

I was also surprised to see individual festool vacs instead of a shopwide vacuum system. Seems like it would be alot cheaper and more efficient to have a shop wide vacuum system than lots of individual vacs.

Kamil Czuba
10-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Whoa, at 4:45 the guy using the jointer gets pretty close to the blades. No paddles or guard or anything.