PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat - DC Article Published

Bill Pentz
05-03-2003, 11:05 PM
Way back before the Creek I started working on an article on dust collection. It finally made it through the review cycles and managed to get itself published on Wood Central. *Smile*

Dust Collection Article (http://www.woodcentral.com/articles/cyclone_building.shtml)

And for a quick update, have gone back to intermittent instead of full time oxygen, voice still gone, lungs clearing slowly, and still waiting to get spoiled!

*smile*

bill

Terry Hatfield
05-03-2003, 11:13 PM
What the heck do you mean "waiting to get spoiled"???? I bet Mrasha is waiting on you hand and foot.:)

Congrats my friend. It is a wonderful article.

Terry

Tom Sweeney
05-03-2003, 11:16 PM
:)

Bill Pentz
05-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Terry,

Marsha left early for some kind of a post scrapbook 'till ya drop till midnight, and Michelle is off with girlfriends doing dinner and overnighter. I made pancakes for breakfast, coldcut sandwiches for lunch, and BBQ burgers for me, my son, and his friend for dinner.. Don't give me this being spoiled stuff!

*wink*

bill

Terry Hatfield
05-03-2003, 11:43 PM
I knew that would get a rise out of you.:D :D

It really is a great article. I have read it through a couple of times now and it is up to your usual high standards. Thanks for the honorable mention.

Terry and Katie

Bill Pentz
05-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Terry,

You are most welcome..

And a big thank you for stepping up and making affordable top quality cyclone kits available. I know you have not had much in terms of a life since starting that project last January, plus have invested heavily with your own money. I just hope our fellow hobbyists realize what an incredible system you are offering and take advantage to get the kinds of protections they should have.

Also most pleased that Paul at Sheldon's Engineering (http://www.sheldonsengineering.com) has again come through with a viable alternative to the Jet impeller compatible with the Leeson motors you recommend. I was able to talk with Paul about that new design and it actually is superior to the Jet because it uses a compression clamp instead of just set screws to firmly hold the impeller to the shaft.

Anyhow, just finished my last breathing treatment of the day, time to pack it in 'till tomorrow.

Keep up the good work.

bill

Lee Patz
05-04-2003, 1:34 AM
Sure glad to have you back with us Bill.

I hope your recovery is a speedy one,
Lee

David Rose
05-04-2003, 2:56 AM
We are indebted to you for all the work and free info.

Take care of yourself and get better soon.

David

Kirk (KC) Constable
05-04-2003, 4:26 AM
Compatibility problem between the impeller and motor? Since I've had an impeller come off a JET 1100 (while running), perhaps I need to check out the article...:(

KC

Dr. Zack Jennings
05-04-2003, 8:43 AM
Thanks for the Information

Your contribution to the craft is invaluable. This is just the kind of information all woodworkers need. I look forward to putting a State of the Art DC System in my shop. Thanks to you, many of us will only have to buy 1 DC System.

...... I'm glad your home and back on the forum.

Bill Pentz
05-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Just expressing a quick little, but most heartfelt thank you for all the posts, emails, and even calls. Helps a lot! *Smile*

bill

John Miliunas
05-04-2003, 10:50 AM
The article is definitely a great read....Pretty much as expected from a man with your talents, knowledge and, most improtantly, dedication to a craft so many of us are enjoying! I mean, talk about selfless giving...and giving....and giving! Thanks so much and really happy to see you back up and around! :cool:

Phil Phelps
05-04-2003, 12:20 PM
....but I will. "Thanks, and get well soon".

Jay Albrandt
05-04-2003, 2:07 PM
We are watching history in the making!

Bill Pentz, due to his own hard work, has become "THE" leader in hobbiest sized cyclone design, engineering, and information. His work, along with that of others will someday be published no doubt. I can see the progression. In the near future, this work will be referred to and referenced; not only as mere information, but as the benchmark for comparison for all experimentation and new equipment. Research design and methods, are, and will be continued to be revamped due to this work.

Existing companies will use (mostly like have already started using) his work for their next generation equipment. This equipment and their support products will undoubtedly be far superior to anything they produce today. His research and recommendations will spawn new companies (Thank you Terry Hatfield), new ideas, new materials and methods. And this is just not limited to the cyclone itself, but includes all the ancillary products and materials that will be derived directly from this work in one way or another.

Bill, you are a humble man! I for one am deeply grateful for the work you are doing (it has already been said in so many different ways), but mostly I am just in awe of how you are changing the face of our industry! I'm giddy just being able to watch it from the begging!

Congratulations!

Jay