PDA

View Full Version : iVac Question

Rich Riddle
10-12-2012, 10:44 PM
I have an iVac question. After reading several threads, the iVac looks superior to other remote switches for dust collection but the selection process proves a bit tedious (especially after reading reviews from others saying they ordered the wrong one). I have a small 1.5HP (120 VAC) older dust collection system manufactured by AMT that I move from tool to tool when using. I want to use the dust collector with my stationary tools and want the dust collector to stare when one when the tools start. I will be using it with a Unisaw (240 VAC), a bandsaw (220 VAC), and several 120 VAC power tools. Which switch will support this? I will need a unit that supplies the dust collector the 120 VAC but can also work with a 120 VAC tool or 240 VAC tool. Thanks.

Bill Littler
10-15-2012, 8:11 AM
Rich, I'd highly recommending calling Andy with iVac. He is a wealth of information and will provide you all the recommendations and support you need. I just completed an install with a Delta 50-763 that had a mag switch and Andy and Graham with MBright (makers of iVac) helped me tremendously. They even called Delta directly to discuss the iVac design with the Delta equipment. Top notch guys - I can't say enough good things about them.