PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Brent Smith
04-17-2005, 8:13 PM
I realize that this is not the proper place for this thread,but it is where I post,so...Just want to say thank you to all the members and the moderators at the creek for providing a useful,fun and above all adult forum for the sharing of knowledge of woodworking.
Over the weekend I've seen a thread on another forum which at best can be called childish.It really is a pleasure to be here where every post has something to do with woodworking or at the very least is a positive take on a member or event.
Brent

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2005, 8:51 PM
And Thank You Brent! For being an SMCer! I drifted here from several other sites for the same reason you stated. I've tried to go back just to see how they're doing....couldn't remember my login....Oh well! As long as I can log in here! :D

Roy Wall
04-17-2005, 11:09 PM
I realize that this is not the proper place for this thread,but it is where I post,so...Just want to say thank you to all the members and the moderators at the creek for providing a useful,fun and above all adult forum for the sharing of knowledge of woodworking.
Over the weekend I've seen a thread on another forum which at best can be called childish.It really is a pleasure to be here where every post has something to do with woodworking or at the very least is a positive take on a member or event.
Brent

Brent - I couldn't agree with you more. I must think of about 10 guys when I'm working / practicing in the shop. A tremendous resource of knowlege, craftsmanship, & encouragement all at one place!!

Mike Holbrook
04-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Brent

What he said!

Mark Singer
04-18-2005, 1:07 AM
You guys don't know there are major fights behind the scenes....name calling...its terrible....someone called me a "woodworker" can you imagine that:confused:

Dick Latshaw
04-18-2005, 8:10 AM
You guys don't know there are major fights behind the scenes....name calling...its terrible....someone called me a "woodworker" can you imagine that:confused:

Heh. Always wondered what went on in that Moderator's Forum. :):):)

James Mittlefehldt
04-18-2005, 8:36 AM
I wish to second what Brent said, this is truly an amazing place. The site where I first saw the link to SMC is one that is supposedly full of people with a like interest, and yet the whole atmosphere there is terrible. THere are a number of genuine nice people there as well but they tend to get overshadowed by the nastier types.

I have found it very welcoming and instructional and am very grateful for the site. Thanks.

Ed Hardin
04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Have any of you noticed that in general Neanderthals are more gentlemenly or lady like than most other folks. Must be something to do with getting back to basics and appreciating those who have gone before and their skill.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-18-2005, 12:15 PM
This is a great place! The thing I like most about it is that there isn't this feeling of we are better than everyone else. People are free to come and go as they please. Since I have found SMC, I find that I come here more often and go elsewhere very few times.

Bob Yarbrough
04-18-2005, 9:36 PM
I'm a newbe and have made the sight my "home page". Lots of help freely given. I hope to "see" some faces at the Minnesota wood show in May.

jeremy holloman
04-18-2005, 9:46 PM
This has definitely become my favorite online site, even surpassing those tool store websites I like to frequent. I am amazed by the quality of craftsmen here and there willingness to share. And the fact that everyone plays nice means I hardly ever go anywhere else.

Jerry Palmer
04-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Some time back I was the winner in one of those drawing things here and didn't even know it but for a fella at one of the other forums congratulating me winning the drawing here. I generally don't venture out of the neander havens at any of the forums I visit as I've also found that those more progressive and modern wood machiners do seem more gruff and aggresive toward anyone with a different opinion than the more laid back folks who prefer "Swish" to "GRRRRRRR". Just kidding about wood machiners as I too have and use some of the electron eating things, though they work as apprentices in initial stock prep more than any REAL wood working.