PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bitmaps in Corel

Joe Hillmann
10-10-2012, 2:10 PM
I am using CorelDRAW 11 (old, I know). Yesterday I began having problems with bitmaps. I used to be able to bring a black and white bitmap into corel and edit it by double clicking on it and converting into black and white line art then clicking on trace bitmap and the computer would automatically trace the black and white image as a vector.

Now when I open the bitmap menu the Edit Bitmap, Crop Bitmap and Trace Bitmap options are all un-selectable.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem? At this point I may have to remove CorelDraw from the computer and re-install it but would rather not if that isn't necessary.

Martin Boekers
10-10-2012, 2:21 PM
Check what file type, not all bitmaps are the same. Check the mode to see if it's Grey scale, RGB etc.
Been a while since I used 11, I have had to re-convert to a bit mat 8bit grey scale for it to work in the past.
I have a feeling the file is not the right format, maybe a 24 bit color that is desatutrated or something.

Mike Null
10-10-2012, 2:49 PM
Before you re-install Corel reboot it holding down the F8 key. This should return it to default status. Corel 11 was and is a very good version.

Joe Hillmann
10-10-2012, 5:13 PM
I tried the f8 key it brought everything back to default but didn't allow me to work with bitmaps. I have tried with several bitmaps, some that I have worked with before and it isn't letting me do anything with them.