PDA

View Full Version : FWW Yeung Chan Jigs

Mark Singer
04-17-2005, 12:45 PM
In the Current issue Yeung Chan makes 5 jigs that are very good. Some look familiar...but he adds improvements that seem really good. These are worth saving and taking a good look at...One is a circle template, one trims edges straight, one trims edge banding , another is for straight dados and the last is on using a router to make round forms...all really good practicle techniques

Jim Becker
04-17-2005, 1:37 PM
I really like the one that trims edge banding! And it's timely as I was thinking about making something like that...

Mark Singer
04-17-2005, 1:52 PM
That is a good one....I could have used it for the workstations...
I really like the one that trims edge banding! And it's timely as I was thinking about making something like that...

JayStPeter
04-17-2005, 2:21 PM

Jim,

I had an old Craftsman router dedicated to one of those jigs. I wound up cutting it up in a moment of desperation. I guess I'll remake it sometime :cool: . It was real useful (enough to have a router dedicated to it).

Jay

sascha gast
04-17-2005, 2:41 PM
yeung also has agreat book out, i think it's called classic joints with powertools. it's stunning. i met him a year ago, friendly fella, very talented. bought his book on the spot and already built a few of his jigs.

a friend of mine is going to take a class with him at the college of the redwoods. he is going for 3 weeks or so

sascha

John Renzetti
04-18-2005, 5:47 AM
Yeung gave a seminar at the Felder open house in DE last May. He showed all those various jigs in action.
He's a really nice guy.
take care,
John