PDA

View Full Version : Help with using the Corel Brail Script.

Ernie Martinez
10-09-2012, 2:29 PM
I purchased and installed the Corel Brail Script but have no idea how to use it. Any documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Koehl
10-09-2012, 8:27 PM
Hi Ernie, please see http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?102008-Braille-Plugin-for-CorelDraw for instructions on installation and use.

Ernie Martinez
10-09-2012, 8:32 PM
I saw that, but is it that self explanatory after I run the macro, or is their a help file?

Thanks

Keith Outten
10-09-2012, 9:26 PM
Ernie,

Run the macro.
Once you have the icon on your toolbar click on it.
A window will open up that allows you to simply type what you want then select the Translate button and the Braille will magically appear in your drawing.
If you want to edit your braille you select it then select the Braille icon, the text/numbers will be in the box ready to edit. Once your edit is complete just select the Translate button again.

Nothing could be more simple than the way this Braille script works. I have been using it for several years now and have engraved thousands of door signs.

Ernie Martinez
10-10-2012, 8:01 AM
Fantastic, thanks!

More questions to come :)

Ernie Martinez
10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I just tried to install the braille script in Corel X6 I'm getting an error trying to run the macro.

Getting error: Compile error on hidden macro modBraille.

Any suggestions?

Aaron Koehl
10-22-2012, 2:03 PM
Ernie,

The error seems to be stemming from the fact that Corel X6 now uses a new 64-bit enabled Visual Basic for Applications. The braille script has not yet been updated to work with Corel X6 on 64-bit systems. I will update it as soon as I have access to a 64-bit system running X6.

Ernie Martinez
10-22-2012, 6:15 PM
Thanks Aaron, looking forward to it. In the meantime, can anyone tell me of an alternative to translate text to Braille until the fix is in.

Thanks

Wade Latham
10-27-2012, 3:51 PM
Hello all,

I am a new to Sawmill and am interested in the Braille download.
I had studied the forums and see where to buy the acrylic balls and the 2/32" nail punch.
I have two Trotecs 60 watts.
What OS works best with the Braille plugin for Corel Draw? (Windows XP, Vista or Windows7).
If I download to one computer can the download be manually moved to my work station?