PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Laser!

Sandy Henry
10-08-2012, 7:04 PM
Set up a new Trotec Speedy 300 60w last week. Still in learning curve but I love the job control software!!
Engraving results show thin, horizontal lines extending beyond what should be a clean engraved edge. From distance, it looks kinda like a shadow around all edges. Text looks worse than other graphics. Shows up on painted metal, Romark lasermax colors, & is most obvious on Romark brushed gold & aluminum. Tried enabling & disabling 'High Quality' engraving - same results. Lowered the 'tickle power' & edges got worse. Any suggestions? THANKS! Sandy Henry

Randy Digby
10-08-2012, 7:29 PM
Assuming the lens holder on your 300 is close to the same as on my 100 - Check to be sure the lens holder is tight and the lens is not rocking. On my 100 there is an "O" ring above the lens that helps cushion and seat the lens in place. It got left out once by mistake when I did a lens cleaning and drove us crazy until we discovered the problem. My symptoms were different than yours, but an easy item to check.

Sandy Henry
10-08-2012, 9:52 PM
Thanks Randy & Thanks to Scott Shepherd. I downloaded the manual & I'm gonna get it printed tomorrow. It suggests imprecise focus or table misaligned - I could not figure out how to reply to the private massage so I hope Scott sees this. Thanks again.

Rodne Gold
10-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Hiya , congrats on the new machine
IMO either the bidirectional scanning backlash needs adjustment ..not sure what Trotec calls it , perhaps something like "tuning" ..normally a software setting
OR , the tickle/trickle voltage needs resetting , the laser "pre fires" a low powered signal before its normal power pulse to keep the laser "alive and on the boil" before the main pulse and if this is too high , it creates shadows before and sometimes after engraving. Noticeable on vertical lines... ie I III I

Mike Null
10-09-2012, 8:24 AM
Sandy

Their tech support is very good. Call them.