PDA

View Full Version : Source for conveyor belt...

Dawson Mion
10-08-2012, 5:05 PM
Hi all,

I hope this is the right section for this question.

I've got a 36" dual drum sander that needs a new conveyor belt. The sander itself appears to be some no-name fly-by-night company (Pro-Sand, by Haney Industries in Oregon).

I actually use this machine for aluminum, rather than woodworking. I run Scotchbrite on the drums, to get the mill finish off of aluminum sheet. As such, I cannot use an abrasive conveyor belt, and instead need the rubber/PVC one.

Also, the conveyor rollers on this machine are only 2" around, so that limits the belting options to choose from.

Can anyone suggest a company that can make endless conveyor belts, that doesn't want one to purchase a truckload of the stuff? My dimensions would be 36" wide by 74" perimeter. I have found a suitable belting supplier, but I haven't found a company that can assemble the belt and ship it to me. Has anyone else had to get a custom belt for a drum or wide belt sander, and if so, any tips or recommendations?

I'm about an hour North of Atlanta, Ga.

Thanks in advance,

Dawson

J.R. Rutter
10-08-2012, 5:11 PM
Safety Speed Cut bought Haney, IIRC.

David Kumm
10-08-2012, 9:47 PM
There is a company in Texas, DXP I believe, that does endless conveyor belts for wide belts. Have not dealt with them. Dave