PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
10-08-2012, 9:33 AM
8 Oct 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
It was a really good weekend for me as we had friends over, cooked out, visited with family and friends and just a general good time all the way around. I truly needed a weekend like this one to just rest and do things other than work. I love the cool of the days now and even our plants are growing like crazy with the cooler temps and all the rain.

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ryan Hellmer
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Headed out to celebrate dad's 65th birthday. Had a good time setting up for the bon fire party and checking out his improved sawmill layout. My mom even jumped on the bandwagon and found about 50 (yes 50!) cedar logs from a big wind-row removal. Most are 10" and larger (up to about 24") diameter and between 8 and 12 feet long. There's a few thousand board feet there and the price was right.

Came back yesterday and continued sandblasting runningboards for my '53 GMC pickup and parts for the DeWalt RAS I'm restoring. Overall a busy, but fun weekend.

Ryan

Shawn Pixley
10-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Last week was rather horrible, so the weekend was used to decompress. Friday night was date night with LOML. We went to a movie. Saturday and Sunday - dog park each morning and shop time afterwards. "Shop time" is used loosely. My piece is up on the third floor. Shop is the garage on the first floor. I was fitting drawers and spent a huge amount of traveling up and down stairs. I had to fix a mistake I made weeks ago. Not hard, but fussy. Today the painters came to start prepping the house for painting. But at least today was a tough day at work.

Almost forgot the best part. Last week two packages arrived. First was the turning tool I won. The best part was my name embossed by Keith. Thanks so much! It was a great surprise. The saw I ordered from Bad Axe also came. I had to try it. It was as described -truly superior. I am still learning to use western style saws, but now the only thing I can blame is myself.

Matt Meiser
10-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Saturday went out to breakfast with LOML and LOMLjr then went to Woodcraft and a few other stops. Came back home and sprayed my toekicks and wired up some outlets in my shop storage area, then dinner and some more errands. (We are eating out a lot since the kitchen is torn out!)

Sunday did a few things around the house and took LOMLjr to cheer at the middle school football game. In the cold. In the rain.

Today...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/mattmeiser/ec1ac7b946983b739d51e8328f34a4eb.jpg

Mike Heidrick
10-09-2012, 3:27 AM
Finished up some mowing, worked on a Python Coursera online programming class - University of Toronto, and made a Ducks Unlimited CNC V carved sign for a customer. Also made some walkabout soup - a copy of outback's cheesy onion soup.

David Hostetler
10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Spent a busy weekend this week.

Friday night I completely finished off my winch mount, it's ready to bolt up, I just need somebody strong enough to help me move it into place. I will involve jack stands, and a floor jack in this process. I need to have the winch mount, town hooks, and brush guard mounts all lined up on the same bolts. Goofy design, but that's the way it is... Have a friend coming to help with that in about a week or so... Then we went to bed early to get ready for...
Saturday, got up early (5:30) for the trip to Plantersville Texas for the opening day of the Texas Renaissance Festival. Had a great day until I got sick on some of the food the vendors were serving. Avoid the beef stew being served across from the jousting arena!

Got home about 8:00, spent some time sorting through junk in our home office. I am purging years of junk. Old, obsolete computer parts, CDROM drives etc... just trying to clean up the area. Stripping it all down and keeping what I still can, and do often use.

Sunday: Went to morning services, and then went and had a late breakfast with LOML. Took the truck to the mulch yard and grabbed a yard of cedar mulch. Cleaned up and mulched in the flower beds. Finished clearing all the stuff off of the west wall of the garage, removed the dust collection ducting, the whole shebang. Moved all my equipment to the east side of the garage. Ready for Monday. With all the lifting, mulching, and moving, I have several muscles not happy with me, but gotta power through Monday...

Monday:
Had the day off for Columbus Day, had my wife and brother in law around the house, so we started off with a good French Toast breakfast (yum!) and went to work tearing the sheet rock for the west wall out. 8 very heavy construction waste bags of busted up drywall were hauled to the curb. About the time I had the last one on the curb, I actually heard the garbage collectors coming down the street. I waited until they were at my curb and I helped them load those bags onto the truck. Make their lives easier because if I don't they can get downright nasty about trash pickup.... and I have a LOT more to go!

This puts me into a pretty good position right now. The wall is naked, the studs, are exposed, as is the sheathing and problems that were hidden behind the sheet rock (I can see where somebody smashed in the sheathing, looks like a car hit the garage side at one time, and they fixed the brick, but didn't do ANYTHING with the sheathing. Not sure how to fix this with the brick in place. Probably push it back out, and glue / brad nail a 3/8" ply backer in place to hold it together... Over the years, there has been animal damage to the wall as well. Those spots will get fixed prior to insulation going in.. If nothing else, the holes will get filled with expanding foam.

The electrician is due Friday. I am almost ready to go, and am very excited about finally having a shop full of proper power.

I am now very tired, and very sore. When I was in my 20s this was easy...