PDA

View Full Version : Color Fill problem - Coreldrawx3

Tim Earling
10-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I am trying to fill color into an enclosed area.
I have a vector/line art image that is made up of two lines - I selected both of them and used the "Weld" tool to join them. Once they are joined, I select a black color to fill the inside of the completely enclosed area, but it does not fill. Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks.

Martin Boekers
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
chances are that that the outline has a gap somewhere. Post the file and I'll check it out

Tim Earling
10-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Here is the file.
When I look at my object manager, it says it's filled in with a black color

Mike Null
10-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Try using "Join Curves" under the arrange menu.

Glen Monaghan
10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
The top shape has two places where the nodes aren't joined together (indicated by arrow shaped nodes rather than square nodes) and the bottom shape is two objects that need to be welded together first, and then the overlapping but not-connected end points need to be joined also. I've marked the problem spots with arrows. The manual approach is to grab an arrow shaped node with the shape tool, drag it slightly away from the other one next to it, then bring it back until they snap together and are joined.

-Glen

Tim Earling
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Mike,

Thanks. I could not find "Join Curves" under the Arrange Menu.
What I did was under the Arrange Menu was selected "Close Path" and then select "Close Nodes with Curvy Lines" (I had welded the two line segments together before I did this).

I had one more quick question, I am using the "Outline Tool" a lot for this project and have to go back and forth when selecting my line and color outline, is there a quick way to access the "Outline Tool" or some how make a "Docker"?

Thanks for your help, Tim

Mike Null
10-05-2012, 12:18 PM
You can make a docker. I'm using X5 but X3 is similar if not exactly the same.

Go to tools>options>workspace>custom then look at the screen shot. You can drag the tool you want to the tool bar.

Then go to docments>save as default.

Tim Earling
10-05-2012, 4:37 PM
Thanks Mike.
My version looks different but I am sure I can find out how to do it. Would have never found it if you hadn't sent the attached picture.
Thanks a lot, Tim

Tim Earling
10-05-2012, 4:38 PM
Glen,
I see the gap. I thought when the nodes overlapped, that they were connected.
Thanks for the attachment, Tim

Tony Lenkic
10-05-2012, 5:31 PM
Tim,

Under arrange menu go to "close path" than pick bottom option "start to end with curvy lines". That should do it, at least it does for me.