PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Vessel with a little different rim for me.

Joe Meirhaeghe
10-04-2012, 6:34 PM
Cherry Vessel with pyrography textured rim. I tried a double bevel to the rim on this one just to try something different from what I usually do. (not really sure that I like it though )
20 5/8" tall X 9 1/8" dia. 242422242423

Doug W Swanson
10-04-2012, 8:01 PM
Looks great, Joe. A close up picture of the rim would be nice but it looks fine from here!

Baxter Smith
10-04-2012, 9:04 PM
The colored rim makes a nice contrast with the cherry. I think it has lots of potential Joe!

Bob Bergstrom
10-04-2012, 9:25 PM
Black accent on cherry always looks so nice. Great job Joe. I got to try a Avanced Lathe tool rest the other day and it is one sturdy hunk of iron. No ringing when you bounce a tool off the top, which means no vibration either.

Steve Schlumpf
10-04-2012, 9:41 PM
Joe - great looking vase - as always! Interesting variation on the rim. Just a suggestion, but I think you should lose the bevel at the rim and instead use a curve that starts at the throat and then curves down to the burnt area. In my opinion, it would work better.

Fred Belknap
10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Joe I think the burn/texture looks great. I didn't realize how large this was till went back and looked the second time. I can't go that deep yet.

Curt Fuller
10-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Joe, your tall vessels are always beautiful. I think the pyro'd rim really adds a little extra. Very pretty.

Bernie Weishapl
10-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Beautiful vase and cherry. I think the pyro really makes it look sharp.

joel nucifore
10-05-2012, 6:09 AM
Love it your finish is spot on... The rim is awsome ( ? you must of used the NANO system to get that deep :p)

Michelle Rich
10-05-2012, 6:32 AM
wow! 20 inches tall..that is one tall vessel..the pyro is a very nice accent

Joe Meirhaeghe
10-05-2012, 9:11 AM
Joe - great looking vase - as always! Interesting variation on the rim. Just a suggestion, but I think you should lose the bevel at the rim and instead use a curve that starts at the throat and then curves down to the burnt area. In my opinion, it would work better. Steve, Thanks foe your comments. I think that your right on this one. I just I had to try this one once. I probably should have tried it on a much smaller piece first to see if I actually liked it or not.

Joe Meirhaeghe
10-05-2012, 7:27 PM
Black accent on cherry always looks so nice. Great job Joe. I got to try a Avanced Lathe tool rest the other day and it is one sturdy hunk of iron. No ringing when you bounce a tool off the top, which means no vibration either.

Thanks Bob. Also your right about the tool rest there built like a tank and the only rest I use on both my mini & Powermatic lathes.