PDA

View Full Version : some of my work

Uros Sovilj
10-04-2012, 6:59 AM
Hi
It's finally time to post some my work here. I found idea on internet and i like it so decided to give a try. I made my own patterns and cut boards from 4mm mahogany ply.
Real pain was assembling . It was quite challenging to cut edges sharp on 45 degrees but after few try i found the way to do it fast and accurate.
I use led strips for lightning and 3mm acrylic for light diffusion.

gary l roberts
10-04-2012, 8:06 AM
Looks like you solved all your issues. Nice work. By the way, any wood worker will tell you the 45 Degree cut is the hardest of all joints to master. Care to share your secret?
Great projects!

Mike vonBuelow
10-04-2012, 9:04 AM
good work - sweet !

Mike Null
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Uros

That is great looking work. What will you do with them?

Uros Sovilj
10-05-2012, 3:03 AM
I cut 45 on circular saw. i made an iron plate that fits on saw troley and use magnets to hold down edge where i will cut. After few tries and fine tuning i was able to get constant sharp 45 edge. After litle correction with glue and mahagony sand dust the edges came up perfect.
I also have problem due to thin veneer so no much place for sanding.
Since this is still a copy of someone else work i will not sell them but i will use the concept and make some own products i think i can sell (custom PC's and office desk organizers). I have put it on my web site just to see if there is any interes out there.