PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help - Paste Funcion Not Working

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 1:50 PM
All of a sudden, the paste function in my Corel (x5) isn't working. I can paste text, but not graphics.
And I can't drag an image from one screen/file to another. It disappears from the original file, but doesn't ever show on up the new file.

Has anyone had this happen? Know how to fix it? Did I change a setting somehow and not realize it?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Martin Boekers
10-03-2012, 2:09 PM
All of a sudden, the paste function in my Corel (x5) isn't working. I can paste text, but not graphics.
And I can't drag an image from one screen/file to another. It disappears from the original file, but doesn't ever show on up the new file.

Has anyone had this happen? Know how to fix it? Did I change a setting somehow and not realize it?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Does it do it with all formats? Sometimes I have issues with some formats, PNG for example.

Kim Vellore
10-03-2012, 2:26 PM
I have been having that problem on one computer, I cant copy and paste any graphics, test works fine.For example i do some work in inkscape or Gimp and I cany copy an image from there and paste it in Corel I have to save and import it, its a pain. On an another computer the same thing works just fine. its been more than a year and many hours of searching on the web I could not fix it. I will be curious to see what the fix is. It used to work before and stopped all of a sudden, not sure if it was a windows update or some program installation that did it.

Kim

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 2:45 PM
Yes, it seems to be any graphic.
I've tried png, jpg and original cdr files and nothing will work.

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 2:45 PM
You make a good point about a Windows update, I wonder if that can effect Corel like this?

Walt Langhans
10-03-2012, 2:55 PM
I've had some issues with Corel and they have all been answered by the nice folks here: http://coreldraw.com/forums/Default.aspx?Sort=Active&PageIndex=1

Scott Challoner
10-03-2012, 2:58 PM
Have you tried "Paste Special"? If you go to edit and select paste special, you get a menu of ways that you can paste the object. It's how I have to paste text now if I want it to come in as text.

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 3:03 PM
It's like the copy function itself isn't working. After I click copy, Paste or Paste Special aren't highlighted for me to use.

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 3:03 PM
Thanks for the link Walt. I'll give them a try.

walter hofmann
10-03-2012, 3:07 PM
Hi edy
the corel is corupted you need to install it new or during sinattaltion click reppair. I had this a few times everytime the windows 7 is upgraded for security it corrupt corel
greetings
walt

Ronald Erickson
10-03-2012, 3:14 PM
Try taking a .JPG and pasting it into paint (under programs...accessories...paint) You can also try pasting into another application like Word, Excel, etc. Does that work? Part of the troubleshooting process is going to be isolating where the issue lies. If cut and paste works outside of your application then it could be associated with the application you are using. If it does not work, the issue lies with the Windows clipboard, memory management, hard drive space, etc.

Edit: If you suspect the JPG being corrupted, just try taking a screen shot (Prt Scr key on your keyboard) and pasting it into paint.

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 3:19 PM
Thanks Walter,
Will I have to completely uninstall and then reinstall the program from CD? Will I lose any data/files/etc by doing this?

Edi Royer
10-03-2012, 3:22 PM
Yes, it's definitely a Corel problem. I can copy from other programs and paste them into Corel, but I can't use the copy function in Corel and paste to another file.

Sorry...I guess the title should have said Copy Function not working instead of Paste function now that I've tried more things.