PDA

View Full Version : Dahlgren System 100 help needed

James Huggins
10-03-2012, 9:07 AM
Hi, does anyone know if these machines can run using Engravelab or V carve?

Its a very old machine and the control box is a system 1

many thanks

Mike Null
10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Put a call in to Fred Schwartz at Quality one Engraving. http://q1engravers.com/

Uma Duffy
10-03-2012, 4:10 PM
We have an old Dahlgren100 and a Dahlgren 300 that were running off Xenetech controllers with the long apu boards that required two ancient Windows 95 computers and Xenetech software & dongles. When the first of the Win 95 computers finally died we knew we were in big trouble. The absolute very best thing we ever did contact Solustan Inc in Massachusetts who provided us with a tiny little usb plug and play box and software (and lots of new fonts) that enabled us to stop using the incredibly proprietary Xenetech software, controllers and apu boards in favor of Corel XV on 2 shiny new win7 64-bit computers. I had serious doubts that this plan could work but after success converting one machine we wasted no time changing up the other one. We can do SO MUCH MORE with those ancient machines than I could have imagined. While it wasn't cheap to convert it was far, far less than a new machine or Xenetech upgrades would have been ... and we are FREE of the proprietary software. I would definitely recommend Solustan. They took plenty of time in phone conferences with us to explain their product and were extremely helpful to us getting it set up and running. Just to be able to move from Win 95(!) to Win7 in one step was like arriving in the 21st century from the Ice Age. It is great to have those old machines still up and running so well. It would have been a real shame to give up on them. I have just one full Xenetech 2525 still running on original controllers and software and it's new enough that we'll be good for a few more years before we have to make any changes on that one. I want the engravers here to be really excellent at using Corel since that drives the 2 lasers and 3 dyesublimation printers. Throwing the Xenetech for the drag engravers into the mix and being unable to easily move jobs ( and art and logos) among the diverse engraving options because of it -is a problem I'm trying to eliminate. Keepin' it simple.:)