PDA

View Full Version : Now no bath mats

Stephen Tashiro
10-03-2012, 12:21 AM
In another thread, I mentioned not being about to find saucers at the local Kmart or Walmart. Now it's bath mats that have gone extinct.

I grew up with the kind of bath mat that is made of the same material as a towel except that it's thicker. It isn't a rug. It isn't a mat woven of tube-like pieces of material.

I still have some of these old fashioned bath mats that I got less than 10 years ago. But when I went looking for such a thing at the local Kmart and Walmart, there were none. I spoke to a young Walmart employee about them and she didn't understand what I was talking about.

Kevin W Johnson
10-03-2012, 1:16 AM
I know the exact mat you speak of, have two of them. I'll ask the wife if she remembers where they came from. In the mean time, do you have a Kohl's to check?

Don't know if it will help, but the tag on these have the name Kaufman on them.

Stephen Tashiro
10-03-2012, 2:13 AM
do you have a Kohl's to check?

I think so. I'll look at the store I think might be Kohl's - but only because it's across the parking lot from Lowes Hardware.

Belinda Barfield
10-03-2012, 7:21 AM
Try Bed, Bath, and Beyond online. I think I remember seeing them in the store. World Market also sells them, but I try not to buy from them (though sometimes I can't resist the coffee).

Belinda Barfield
10-03-2012, 7:25 AM
Here you go.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/900?nav=ln-31&page=bath

Stephen Tashiro
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Here you go.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/900?nav=ln-31&page=bath

Yes, that's the kind. Four for aproximately $100?

Belinda Barfield
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes, that's the kind. Four for aproximately $100?

Well, you didn't specify a price point. :) They should last a good while unless you decide to change your color scheme.

Bonnie Campbell
10-03-2012, 9:06 PM
Walmart carries them for around $20 a two pack. Don't know the quality, but sound okay.

Stephen Tashiro
10-04-2012, 5:51 PM
Walmart online? As I said, the local Walmart didn't have any.

Here's another item: I went to the local Target store to get an electric tea kettle. They had a whole shelf of different colors of the same model of non-electric Kitchenaid tea kettle. They had one model of electric coffee percolator. They had no electric tea kettles.

( I shoud add that Target did have a few saucers.)

Bonnie Campbell
10-04-2012, 6:02 PM
Sorry, I should of said it was Walmart online. As little selection that I find of most things in stores I usually shop online for variety.