PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight shop crane

Dave Lehnert
10-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Anyone notice the orange HF shop crane is no longer on the web site? Noticed it the other night.
Got the new sale ad today and they are now painted black. Not sure if it is the same model number or not. (69051) Anyone know if it is an upgrade, downgrade, the same?
The web site has what looks to be some misinformation on the new model.
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-capacity-foldable-shop-crane-69051.html
-2 ton shop crane with a max working cap 1 ton?
-Shipping weight 2.12

Pepboys has the Torin Big Red lift 2 ton for $179. Any experience with this model?

Ryan Mooney
10-02-2012, 11:03 PM
When I bought mine a bit over a year ago the orange color on the 2-ton was already being phased out in favor of a dark silvery grey with a black boom. The one I got actually has a mix of colors, at least it was mostly symmetrical :rolleyes: The orange and silver parts were identical other than the paint though so I didn't feel compelled to bother to return it for matching paint. Actually looking closer at the picture on the website I believe that its not really black but the same silvery color parts of mine is.. So I'd say 99.9% that its the same as it was before.

The specs for this stuff are always full of it. Take the "boom height", its just that "boom height" not lifting height, subtract ~6" for lifting height :D

When I was looking it looked to me like the Torin was about the same, it claims a couple more inches of lift but I'm not sure could just be how its measured. I happened on a pretty decent HF sale and had a 20% coupon so it made more sense to grab it locally than try to get it online.

Thomas Hotchkin
10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I pickup one just like that today, a little older for $65.00 off Clist. Tom

Matt Meiser
10-03-2012, 8:39 AM
I bought, and sold, the 1 ton Torin. It was nicely made and worked well. I thought it was a little nicer than the Harbor Freight. The reason I sold it was that I have a tractor with a loader which can lift anything I want to lift and is much more mobile (for example, I picked my and my parent's generators from my truck and carried them to their pads.) In the year I had it, every time I needed to lift something it was more practical to use the tractor.

Dave Lehnert
10-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info.