PDA

View Full Version : Epilog air assist

Graham Parsons
10-02-2012, 9:51 PM
Greetings!

Can anyone tell me - on our Epilog Helix, when the air assist compressor is running, should you be able to feel the air coming out of the little tube all the time, or is it solenoid operated to only blow when cutting? Our pump is running, but I can't feel anything coming out.

Kim Vellore
10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
on my 24tt it turns on only when cutting, I think this is done so if you dont have a water trap it does not drip water on the laser bed. There was also a red stopper on the valve inside the laser on the solenoid valve which can be removed if you need to bleed out the air when idling.

Kim

Roger Leiva
10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi, I had an Epilog Mini 18 and to be on the air compressor assistant, but not while operating the laser, leaving small air through the metal conduit below the main lens. Now I have a Helix 24 and when it stops cutting or engraving, no air is blowing through the pipe laser beam, until once again be doing the cutting work.
Roger Leiva -(Costa Rica) Helix 24, 60 Watt

Frank Corker
10-03-2012, 6:50 AM
It depends on the model of Helix. There is a solenoid on some models but not all. Fire up your laser. Press the STOP AND UP buttons at same time, this will bring the option on your small screen, use the up and down arrow to turn it on or off.