PDA

View Full Version : Finally got off the fence on a multi-tool.

johnny means
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
After months of studying specs, reading reviews, consulting peers, and hands on testing and research I finally made a decision on which multi-tool to buy.

Well, actually, when I found this baby at my local flea market, in almost new condition, for $50, the decision was made for me:o.

Bill White
10-02-2012, 10:47 AM
The question is........How does it work?
Bill

Bruce Wrenn
10-02-2012, 10:09 PM
In the past week, we have done two jobs that would have been a real PITA without using my HF multitool. I own a Fein which I have never used. My son found it in a dumpster at a install he was doing. No worry about someone taking a $17 HF tool.

ed vitanovec
10-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Nice score with all those accessories.

Ron Natalie
10-03-2012, 11:03 AM
At $50 you can hardly go wrong. You'd spend that trying to buy all the things to outfit the $17 HF one. I have no idea why the saw blades for these things are so darned expensive.
I've got both a fein (which I've had for over ten years) and a cordless milwaukee job. The Fein sits idle alot until I have a job that needs it (flooring is almost certainly one of those times, I use it to undercut jams, cut in floor registers, etc... and my wife was busy trying to scrape up some stuck down bits of an old linoleum job at my brothers house until I came in behind her with the scraper blade on the Fein...she shot me a "why didn't you tell me you had one of those" looks).

Steve Kohn
10-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I've got the Dremel version of the multitool. The longer I have it the more I find uses for it. For example I found that it would easily plunge cut holes in sheet metal. Think of it as adding downspout holes on existing gutters. It also cuts plastic very well; like cutting the locking feature off 5 gallon plastic bucket lids.