PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Christmas Ornament Roundup

Mike vonBuelow
10-01-2012, 2:18 PM
Tis' almost the season for yule tide, so I'll start with my contribution for my local church's 50th anniversary ornament.

If you feel the spirit, at least for inspiration's sake, show off yours!

Mike vonBuelow
10-03-2012, 10:16 PM
my turn again - this time with a re-work from George P and his 12 days of Christmas - mostly reducing nodes by 90% (did I mention that I HATE NODES!) but also a little re-work on the images

Vicki Rivrud
10-13-2012, 3:28 PM
Thanks Mike, these look great!
Vicki

Keith Outten
10-13-2012, 7:01 PM
Nice ornaments folks!

FWIW there are some very nice ornaments in this forum from past years. A little bit of searching will provide some of this groups most beautiful Christmas ornaments that are ready to cut. If you have our Archive DVD's these file attachments are in the Engravers Forum Folders.

I make custom Christmas ornaments every year for our family and friends. I engrave their names and Christmas 2013 (this year) in each ornament and we attach them to the person's present. After many years the collection adds up as the ornaments are used to decorate Christmas trees. By the time the kids are grown up they will already have a great start on ornaments for their first tree.

Darren Hollinrake
11-16-2012, 5:05 PM
I wanted to share this but didn't want to make an entire new thread.

Made these for some of the people I work with. I did their names in place of the Merry Christmas.

walter hofmann
11-17-2012, 6:07 AM
245691Hi
here is a ornament what I made for a womans brestcancer survivor group.
I sprayed the backside with rustoleum frosted glass spray and the front with metallic silver on 1/8 acrylic from HD
greetings
waltfl

Chuck Stone
11-17-2012, 7:54 AM
I've done a few of these, but not as many as I would have thought.

Neal Schlee
11-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Here's an Angel's Ornament altered to fit a 2" disc, great for adding sublimation & color to an ornament. You can also raster the disc area on the obverse for a 2 sided ornament. I use .25" BB ply for these, although .125" works too.

Neal

Deborah Clark
11-18-2012, 8:59 PM
These are great ! How did you do them ? I would love to make some for my grandchildren. Would you mind sharing your process for making them ?

Jeff Chumbley
11-18-2012, 9:19 PM
Great Job!

Josh Richard
11-19-2012, 12:45 PM
I have a student who created a star shaped tree. She made a few concentric stars then cut the path of the innermost star and connected it to the next one out. She did this to each star until she had a path connecting all the stars into one spiraling shape. 245856

Paul Williams from Nunavut
11-19-2012, 6:03 PM
I've done a few of these, but not as many as I would have thought.

These ornaments are fantastic. Did you use thin strips of alder, or something else? Thanks for sharing the images, Chuck!

Mike Berndt
11-19-2012, 7:27 PM
Hi Josh,
Nice design from that student!! I also teach Tech Ed and am wondering what other things you do with you laser?? Let share some ideas??

Mike Berndt
Davisville Middle School
North Kingstown, RI 02852

Chuck Stone
11-19-2012, 7:35 PM
These ornaments are fantastic. Did you use thin strips of alder, or something else? Thanks for sharing the images, Chuck!

Those are just 1/8" baltic birch plywood. I dip them in shellac when I'm done
and hang them to dry. They dry quick.

Andrea Weissenseel
11-23-2012, 3:10 PM
(d I mention that I HATE NODES!)

hehe - I'm with you :D

Greg Holt
12-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I found this idea some where on the forum but can not find it again.

I redrew it all for 3mm acrylic. More symmetrical and parallel slots etc.

It is hard to photograph but actually looks pretty good.

Ronald Erickson
12-07-2012, 7:26 PM
Here is a simple snowflake ornament I made out of 1/4" acrylic. The file was created in CoredDRAW X6 and saved in version 15. It's the first time I've lasered with a paper mask and the first time I've paint filled. Both steps turned out pretty well, but I think I need to use a different mask as the one I used left a sticky residue on some of the ornament that I had to remove with goo gone. The text is reversed for engraving on the back side of the acrylic, but it can be easily flipped for engraving on other mediums.

FILE: 247345

George Brown
12-07-2012, 8:30 PM
Nice ornaments folks!

FWIW there are some very nice ornaments in this forum from past years. A little bit of searching will provide some of this groups most beautiful Christmas ornaments that are ready to cut. If you have our Archive DVD's these file attachments are in the Engravers Forum Folders.

I make custom Christmas ornaments every year for our family and friends. I engrave their names and Christmas 2013 (this year) in each ornament and we attach them to the person's present. After many years the collection adds up as the ornaments are used to decorate Christmas trees. By the time the kids are grown up they will already have a great start on ornaments for their first tree.

I think you mean Christmas 2012! I'm getting older as is, let's not hurry it up.