PDA

View Full Version : Jury duty bonus

Doug W Swanson
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
So I was selected to do my civic duty and sit in for a week of jury duty. On the morning break, I was walking around the lobby at the Ramsey County Courthouse (in St Paul, MN) and noticed some woodturning on display. Come to find out it's an exhibit from the AAW which has headquarters a few blocks from here. Included in the display are works from Cindy Drozda, Micheal Hosaluk, Mike Mahoney, Dixie Biggs and more. I'd take some pictures but we are not allowed to have cell phones here.

It sure is a nice distraction for me!

Rick Markham
10-01-2012, 1:54 PM
That sounds much better than my Jury duty experience... 12 weeks crammed in a room with 13 other people for a trial of a mass murderer:eek:... No pretty turnings there! :D

Steve Schlumpf
10-01-2012, 2:00 PM
Glad you had something positive to do on your break! Hopefully the display gives you some turning ideas for later!

Tom Winship
10-01-2012, 2:11 PM
... 12 weeks crammed in a room with 13 other people for a trial of a mass murderer:eek:... :D

Rick, think of all the money you made though.

Sid Matheny
10-01-2012, 3:16 PM
That sure beats the many jury duty rounds I have had. Ours run 3 to 6 months and I have been on 4 different rounds over the years.

Sid

Rick Markham
10-01-2012, 3:37 PM
Rick, think of all the money you made though.

I was lucky my job still paid me for a 40 hour work week... the $15 a day the state paid barely bought lunch :rolleyes: