PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a Shenhui??

Shane Sura
10-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I tried searching to see if this had been covered but I think the ebay term is not searchable. Anyway, I have been wanting to check out a Shenhui laser for some time as purely hobby and nothing more. What has prevented me is the concern on the additional cost for shipping and negotiating the shipping over seas. So while I was purusing Ebay today I came across Item 220782440729 and item 200640422116 (sorry do your own search not allowed to link). Supposedly different sellers (thought I doubt it) and both appear to be the exact same laser. There are numerous examples of these on Ebay and of course I am skeptical. The only reason I even stopped to look is the Free shipping, and 60 day (shipping included) return policy. Ebay generally backs whatever is placed in the ad so some small protection there. Anyway, sorry if it has been asked before but has anything got any thoughts etc on this?

Shane

Rich Harman
10-01-2012, 4:58 PM
The parts used are consistent with what Shenhui uses.

Rich Harman
10-01-2012, 6:26 PM
I should say that I am not claiming it is a Shenhui, I believe that several Chinese manufacturers use the same parts.

Personally, I would not spend so much on a small machine. For about double the cost you can get a good used small mainstream machine or a larger, more capable Chinese one. I can't recall exactly but I paid less than $800 to ship my last machine (GH690) to my door. That includes everything - pickup from the factory, sea freight, customs, X-Ray, trucking and broker fees. Everything was arranged by my broker (ASA Brokers), it was all very easy. I did have to get Shenhui to send a new document (forgot what it was called) but that was not a big deal.

If you absolutely cannot spend more for a better machine then at least explore what the cost would be for importing it yourself - and expect to go over the machine carefully. If the pictures are any indication then you will need to do some work on it before it performs really well.

Shane Sura
10-01-2012, 9:45 PM
Thanks Rich....so importing was that easy? I think that turns me off the most but 800 is very reasonable. What does the broker provide to you?

Rich Harman
10-01-2012, 10:14 PM
The first broker I contacted wanted a great deal of information, documents and money from me. It was getting ridiculous so I called around and found one with a completely different attitude. The broker arranges everything. I tell them when and where to pick it up, provide them with the bill of lading and a couple other documents then they arrange everything else. When they deliver it to my door I hand the driver a check. It really was quite painless.

Since you are on the East coast I expect you will have then extra expense of trucking it across the country.

Dan Simone
10-02-2012, 3:33 PM
It depends I guess. I'm on the East coast in NC and mine came through the port of NY. I tracked the ship it was on all the way from China to New York. The ship went through the Panama Canal to get to NY.