PDA

View Full Version : itty bitty gloat

Per Swenson
04-15-2005, 8:49 PM
You know how little? 0.0005
First the story, my neighbor and friend, every once in a while
needs something. Then trys to pay for it. Silly him.
I usually settle for a coffee and some pall malls.
Stop I know what your thinking, a smoker, eecchhh!
Anyway he is over in the shop and I am setting up a dado blade,
with a $10 dial caliper.
A strange look comes in his eyes," right back swenson", he is the only
one who calls me swenson. This is yours, we are even for last week.
Darn and I was down to my last two ciggys.
Must be Karma. I always wanted one of these. Brown & Sharp.
Per

Mike Cutler
04-15-2005, 8:55 PM
Only one problem with a tool like that Per. If the cut is off, it's your fault, you won't be able to blame the hardware. ;) Sounds like you have a pretty good neighbor/ friend.

David Fried
04-15-2005, 9:53 PM
Nice ciggy holder! Should be a joy to use. Somehow I still draw comfort from the mechanical/analog dial. Last dial I have anywhere!

Matt Meiser
04-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Just remember that its wood. I had a digital (just sold it tonight) and found myself worrying about being off because something was 0.7450 rather than 0.7500. I've got a couple cheap plastic ones I usually use for checking thickness and such.

Nice gloat though!

Kelly C. Hanna
04-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Beautiful Per! Nice 'small' gloat...:D

Corey Hallagan
04-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Cool gloat, that is just a little good karma coming back around to you for all those good deeds! Enjoy!

Corey

Greg Mann
04-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Very nice, Per. Here's a use you can add to the list. Picking out slivers. The tips may seem big for it but they sometimes work very well. A good set of calipers is more useful in a woodshop than in a metalworking environment. If anyone thinks I am joking, I am not. Calipers are the six inch scale of metalworking these days, not quite accurate enough and repeatable for most tasks there, but they are sweet for woodworking where the last .001 is only fretted over by the likes of David Charlesworth.:D

Dan Forman
04-16-2005, 3:26 AM
Yup, what goes around comes around. Nice gift.

Dan

Bruce Overholt
04-16-2005, 7:07 AM
I bought a Cheap one at Harbor Freight, only accurate down to .001, and can't believe how much I've used it so far. In fact this is the one tool I would probably have no problem spending decent money for.

Bruce

Mark Singer
04-16-2005, 7:47 AM
Per,

I have a digital ...and use it for many things...it great!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-16-2005, 8:26 AM
You're right Per......a teeny tiny gloat but one that will serve you well for years to come. I've had a stainless steel analog one for 25+ years. I use them at work and at home at "play". Handy!

Ronald DeWeese Sr.
04-16-2005, 6:16 PM
Wish I had a good neighbor like that, you lucky dog.
Great itty bitty. I play (use) my Harbor Freight one all the time.
Maybe sometime I'll get a good one.

scott spencer
04-16-2005, 7:16 PM
Cool! :cool: ...just like my $6 Harbor Freight set except your box is a little nicer! :rolleyes: :D