PDA

View Full Version : Another addition.......and it's a good 'un

Arnie Grammon
04-15-2005, 8:32 PM
After some consideration (and consternation), I finally decided to upgrade from a lunchbox to this:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/MountainWood/PlanerPics003.jpg

My wife picked it up in Nampa.........about an hour and a half one-way trip (gotta love her) because of my more-than-full-time job.

Whacha think? It's been a long time coming. I am starting to chain-saw mill quite a bit of locally available hardwoods. I'd also like to tap into the rough-sawn market alot more, and my Delta 13" was just not "cutting" it.

It should be on-line and planing this weekend :).

You all have a great weekend, whatever your pursuit.

Arnie

Mike Cutler
04-15-2005, 9:00 PM
Wow. When you upgrade you don't half step do you? I have the 15" Jet and like it a lot. I'm sure you'll be able to take care of the "rough stuff" with that planer. Nice gloat and have fun this weekend, and try not to plane everything in sight, the temptation is overwhelming. ;)

David Fried
04-15-2005, 9:49 PM
Nice. BIG. Looks like it matches the table saw. I really like the table saw cover. Are those little penguins? :confused:

Kelly C. Hanna
04-15-2005, 9:57 PM
Very nice!!! That things huge!!!!

lou sansone
04-15-2005, 10:16 PM
arnie

Is this the 20" machine? If so you made a good choice. I think that you are really going to like it. I never had a lunch box machine, but I hear that they are decent for what they are. This one will be in a whole new league. I had a 20" grizzly that looks pretty similar to the jet, probably not as good. But it did a great job on all types of things and was very easy to use and set up.

congratulations
lou

Corey Hallagan
04-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the new Planer. Enjoy!

Corey

Bruce Page
04-15-2005, 11:50 PM
That bad boy is a tad bigger than the one in the background!

Cool tool, congratulations!

Dan Forman
04-16-2005, 3:37 AM
That's a big, beautiful machine. Ought to tame the rough stuff.

Dan

Ken Fitzgerald
04-16-2005, 8:34 AM
Congrats on that new tool Arnie.

Tyler Howell
04-16-2005, 8:49 AM
Go Arnie,

I have a few Jet items around the shop and am very pleased;)

Jeff Sudmeier
04-16-2005, 9:53 AM
Congrats on your new machine and your LOML!! I don't think I would convince mine to drive 1.5 hours to pick up a tool for me :)