PDA

View Full Version : Hi am I in the right place?

Marc Nicoloudis
09-30-2012, 9:40 PM
Wanted to introduce myself,
I am fortunate enough to have acquired a new to me laser engraver(Accuris Powersharp 30watt). I am trying to learn as much as I can about this machine as I have heard that customer support is not a strong point of the manufacturer. I come from a CNC background which has really helped me with all of this in general. I am currently located in Jim Thorpe, PA but will likely be relocating back to the west coast after a bit. I also have a Shopbot Router, and have been immersing myself with Vectric software as well as Corel. I purchased additional lenses for my engraver to help with different situations. I am working out of my home for right now, but am thoroughly enjoying the ease and small space requirements that the Laser affords. Thanks for listening, and thanks for all of the informative info! -Marc

P.S. ,
I was not sure as to the general consensus as far as leaving the laser/lasertube on while between jobs or for frequent idle times of say an hour or so. Does it put more wear and tear on the machine to leave it sit powered on, or do you prefer to shut it down, only to power it up after a short time?

Dee Gallo
09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi Marc, welcome to the fun! You'll have plenty to read here on just about every subject you can imagine (and a few you never thought about), lots of knowledge here.

I don't know the actual answer to your question, but I turn my laser off if I'm not going to use it for an hour.

cheers, dee

Robert Tepper
09-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Welcome Mark,

Great people and tons of information to be learned here.

Rodne Gold
10-01-2012, 2:19 AM
I don't think leaving the laser powered is a problem , we never switch our machines off between jobs , however my machines work all day , If i had a few hours between jobs , I would probably switch em off...
Seems all the failures we ever have on most of my machines is on switch on....