PDA

View Full Version : PRINT DRIVER for CHINESE LASERS

Phill Barnes
09-28-2012, 8:40 AM
Hi Guys
I was just browsing te Corel site and came across this link http://www.solustan.com/linkmotion_and_leetro.php for a print driver similar to what GCC has for their machines. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it in a previous post but I have read in other posts people claiming that one does not exist. If you click on the Buy Now button, it links you to all the other boards that they also support. Interested in hearing what everyone thinks particulary if you have tried it. I have had a GCC Mercury some years back and found the print driver eaasier to use than my Canon desktop office printer. If this is as legit as they claim, it will without a doubt add huge popularity to Chinese lasers. A penny for your thoughts.

Phill Barnes

pete hagan
09-28-2012, 9:51 AM
I purchase this package several years ago and could never get this to work. I have the leetro board in my laser. I have found that if I do all my designs in illustrator or Corel and save as an Illustrator vs 8 file I can import into the lasercut 5.0 software that came with the machine, set the cut / raster settings and load direct onto laser quite easily. It saves having the computer tied up with printing the file.

Bob A Miller
09-28-2012, 4:34 PM
I just got email from someone who was talking to them.

I gather they are working on there own controller board to go with the driver... The suggestion was "For the most part, it will feel similar to using Epilog or Universal drivers." I gather hope to have a combined package in 30 days.

Dan Hintz
09-28-2012, 7:25 PM
If memory serves, this "solution" has had a status of "working on it" for years... and I believe more than one person has been talked into trying it out with poor results.

But my memory is rusty...

Ross Moshinsky
09-28-2012, 9:19 PM
Any time someone adds hardware to a software solution, you're in trouble. Also, the fact that everything is Windows XP complaint is scary. WinXP hasn't been supported by Microsoft in 3 years and it came out originally in 2001.

Phill Barnes
09-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks Guys
That's the info I needed. I thought it to good to be true. I was actually looking at their gcode software and wondering if it might be a cheaper alternative than Sheetcam. If their other software is crap, then chances are that their gcode software is too.

Thanks again
Phill

Bob A Miller
09-29-2012, 2:07 PM
Thanks as well...Nice to know the background & some context.

John Noell
09-29-2012, 3:33 PM
Any time someone adds hardware to a software solution, you're in trouble. Also, the fact that everything is Windows XP complaint is scary. WinXP hasn't been supported by Microsoft in 3 years and it came out originally in 2001. The official line from Microsoft: "Important notice for users of Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3): The support for this product ends April 8, 2014."