PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-27-2012, 8:50 PM
Has anyone besides me every had a problem importing eps files into Corel? I actually purchased some photos and was trying to import them and can't open them in the eps format. The company that I spent over $500. with told me,
"Please note that all our files were previous tested with different softwares. If you are having this issue with absolutely all the files, our advice will be to use a different editing software such as CS Illustrator, Inkscape, Photoshop, etc.

You can download Inkscape for free from (dont think I can put that)

Kind regards,"

Do you know what inkscape is, I went to the website and could not really figure out how to download. ANY help would be so appreciated.

Steve Kelsey
09-27-2012, 8:58 PM
The only time I have ever had issues was when I had the text tool selected and tried to import. Make sure you have the pick tool selected. That is the arrow. I don't know if that is an answer for you but it is something to try.

Mike Chance in Iowa
09-27-2012, 9:30 PM
Try changing your Files of Type from All File Formats to only PS, EPS, PRN - Postscript and see if that helps.

Mike Null
09-28-2012, 6:52 AM
Zelma

I agree with Mike. Try using the filter he suggests to import.

Michael Hunter
09-28-2012, 7:33 AM
You don't say which version of Corel you are using.

I don't get involved with EPS files, but I have found that Corel X3 is failing to open more and more PDF files, whereas X6 opens them with no problem.

Unfortunately, these "standard" interchange formats do evolve over time and you may need an upgrade to your Corel to be able to read files created with the latest (other) software.

Bill Overturf
09-28-2012, 9:57 AM
I alos agree with both Mike's. Also try this create a duplicate of one of your eps files and on the copy change the .eps to .ps. We had a problem back when we had Corel 10 where we would use Vector Magic and Corel wouldnt import the eps file changed it to ps and it worked fine so give that a shot.