PDA

View Full Version : MS Word Help

Peter Stahl
09-27-2012, 5:50 PM
I created a word document with a command button on it. When I log onto the PC they work but if I switch to a different user and open it this button doesn't work, it won't let me click it. I can unlock the file and edit it but when I protect the page again it won't work. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?. This is a shared PC and we have to log into our own account in order to read our mail so others may have this problem.

I just rebooted the PC and now I can click the button but still don't have a clue why it won't work when I switch users.

David Dockstader
09-27-2012, 9:28 PM
What is your other user's security level? If it is set to the default, it won't allow macros to run.

Harry Simms
09-27-2012, 9:32 PM
You didn't say what version of Word you are running, but later versions are pretty aggressive about blocking macros and VB code, especially from other users. I'm assuming that your button triggers one of these. In Word 2010, there is a setting in the "Trust Center" that is set to block all macros without notification. Look there and see if that is the source of your problem. {Options} {Trust Center} {Trust Center Settings...}

Peter Stahl
09-27-2012, 10:17 PM
I didn't have any trouble running the macro the button was associated with, it won't let me click the button. It's as if the button isn't even there. I reboot the PC and logged into my account and it worked. Might just be one of those weird bugs or something. We have System 7 with Word 2010.