PDA

View Full Version : Everyone PANIC

John Coloccia
09-25-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/09/25/industry-group-bacon-pork-shortage-unavoidable/?test=latestnews

Todd Burch
09-25-2012, 1:08 PM
So, the question is... what exactly were you googling when you found this story? I hope it wasn't "what's the price of a group of short British pigs". LOL

glenn bradley
09-25-2012, 3:41 PM
Yep, pig shortage alright. And if you buy that one I can sell you some 'global warming' for dessert.

james glenn
09-25-2012, 3:49 PM
Funny this came up.

I have been hearing something similar from farmers for most of the summer now. Same with beef (which I have a farm full of).
The severe drought has been driving up grain and feed prices for a while, not to mention the fuel costs. A lot of farmers have been selling
out or are barely hanging on.

The problem is once/if they do sell out, a year later is when the hurt comes.

But never fear, I have mine pigs set and a freezer full already. :)

Kevin Bourque
09-25-2012, 4:29 PM
The pigs are disappearing, but those pesky groundhogs are everywhere!!! Wheres my gun.....

Belinda Barfield
09-25-2012, 4:34 PM
OHHHH NOOOOO! I will be buying another freezer and stockpiling bacon. Oh, wait, my cousin still has pigs . . . I'm good.

ray hampton
09-25-2012, 5:24 PM
Attention all Farmers, you will need guards with guns to protect your animals from the rustlers, when will the price police stop the increase

David G Baker
09-25-2012, 5:48 PM
According to a series on TV there are enough wild hogs to make up for the shortage, all we have to do is start hunting them. :D

Gary Hodgin
09-25-2012, 6:38 PM
That hurts:(

John Fabre
09-25-2012, 7:14 PM
According to a series on TV there are enough wild hogs to make up for the shortage, all we have to do is start hunting them. :D
According to a food show, they are tasty too. Where's the bacon, I heard Texas has the pigs.

Jason Roehl
09-25-2012, 7:47 PM
An amusement park just up the road uses the motto, "There's more than corn in Indiana!" They're right, of course. We have hogs, too--lots of 'em.

ray hampton
09-25-2012, 8:19 PM
An amusement park just up the road uses the motto, "There's more than corn in Indiana!" They're right, of course. We have hogs, too--lots of 'em.

If the hogs are allow to spread , then all small game animals and birds will suffer

Jason Roehl
09-25-2012, 8:25 PM
If the hogs are allow to spread , then all small game animals and birds will suffer

Indiana is a large pork producer. I haven't heard of a wild boar problem.

ray hampton
09-25-2012, 9:28 PM
Indiana is a large pork producer. I haven't heard of a wild boar problem.

when you said "boar " are you refering to the whole pig family or to the male pig ? Ohio got wild pigs and there not much to stop them from visit the Hoosier state, people will turn pig out to survive on their own