PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a ULS-25E, looking for tips

James W Harvey
09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone. I'm a new member and this is my first post.

Some of you may know me as Jharvey407 on CNC Zone.

I own a marine electronics company and a small CNwood shop in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. When the economy slowed down I built a CNC router to expand the services that I could offer to my customers. I'm into the second year of CNC work and I can tell that the CNC business is going to eclipse my marine electronics business.

In an effort to further expand my capabilities I bought a used ULS-25E

Built: 1998
SN: 3056

Synrad tube
Built: 9/29/97
SN: J48-2C-5500 (I'm not sure about the first letter, it's a bit hard to read.)

The previous owner was very knowledgeable. He works at an engravers and this was one of their spare machines. He replaced the belts and bearings, as well as the optics. He gave it a test run when I picked it up and it seemed to work fine.

I am in the process of getting it set up in my shop. I need to plumb the extractor before I can run the machine. I will be controlling it with an XP computer and ULS driver version 1.05Q. I've ordered CorelDraw X4 and it should be here in a couple of days.

I have read most of the other posts regarding the ULS 25E in an atempt to learn as much as possible before putting this machine to work, but I thought I would open a thread to gather tips and tricks that anyone would like to contribute.

I'll also be posting pictures of my work once I start lazing.
Thanks for the help.
Please post anything that you feel is relevant.

James Harvey