PDA

View Full Version : Help with a picture

Bruce Dorworth
09-23-2012, 9:19 PM
I downloaded this picture of Candlestick Park where the 49ers play and was trying to engrave it on a piece of wood. I tried different DPIs and speed but the laser was leaving out parts of it. Like instead of drawing the straight parts of the football field it just engraved dots. Same way with the curver part at the bottom by the plants the laser skipped several places.

I just brought the image into Lasercut as a image/bmp and then set the laser to engrave.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bruce241680

Doug Griffith
09-24-2012, 12:42 AM
I downloaded this picture of Candlestick Park where the 49ers play and was trying to engrave it on a piece of wood. I tried different DPIs and speed but the laser was leaving out parts of it. Like instead of drawing the straight parts of the football field it just engraved dots. Same way with the curver part at the bottom by the plants the laser skipped several places.

I just brought the image into Lasercut as a image/bmp and then set the laser to engrave.

Bruce241680

This image won't print much larger than 1" tall. Dividing the pixel resolution (PPI) by the printing resolution (DPI) will give you a rough inch conversion. This image is 297 pixels tall. Engraving at 300 DPI equals about 1". This is just a rough method and doesn't take into account dot gain, etc...

Jim Coffee
09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi Bruce...

My advice would be to collect a higher resolution image of Candlestick Park. I just Google'd "Candlestick". Went to images and asked for high resolution black and white images. I found an image very similar (if not identical) to the one you posted.

I then took the image into Photoshop and converted it to half tones. The result is an image about 1100 pixels on a side that I believe would engrave very well.

-Jim-

Bruce241680

Martin Boekers
09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I worked with this in PS see if it will get you by, not a good graphic to start with, but this may work.