PDA

View Full Version : pen exchange photos 2012

allen thunem
09-23-2012, 3:26 AM
I started this earlier than originally planned in case people had already done their exchange.
Hopefully a moderator will turn this into a sticky

Greg Just
10-20-2012, 8:15 AM
Here is the pen I send to Tom Wilson. The wood is a redwood burl and the pen kit is a Gatsby Twist that I ordered from Wood-n-Whimsies out of Monett, MO. Pictures are not so great, but I had mailed the pen before I realized they were not totally in focus.

Tom - I hope you enjoy the pen and the few extra blanks for future pen making.

Allen - thanks for organizing this pen exchange.

Jim Burr
10-20-2012, 9:31 AM
That is some good lookin' burl Greg...nice work!!

James Combs
10-21-2012, 5:09 PM
Just received this from Luke Pighetti as part of the 2012 pen exchange. A great looking Gun Metal Slimline dressed in a beautiful quilted blank. Luke will have to weigh in on the wood species. I don't think it is Maple due to the dark color, it looks a lot like Cherry in person though I have never seen quilted Cherry. I will make a great carry pen regardless of the species.

Thanks Luke, I didn't make it to the post office Friday as planned nor Saturday but I have several items to take Monday so watch for your pen.

Jim Burr
10-21-2012, 6:14 PM
Sweet pen JD/Luke!! Anything quilted is worth having!

Maria Alvarado
10-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I received my penS from my exchange partner Joe Van Norman today. To my surprise, Joe made me a pen AND a click pencil. Kits are Gatsby in platinum plating and clothed in Bloodwood. I'm not sure the photo does the color justice, but Joe did a lovely job with both. Thanks Allen, for organizing this year, and Joe for some Great Gatsby's :)

Mike Cruz
10-23-2012, 5:34 PM
Nice pens so far. I do find it funny that two of the first three exchanges are Gatsbys, and both turners used a "red" wood...:D

Mack Cameron
10-23-2012, 6:54 PM
Nice pens so far. I do find it funny that two of the first three exchanges are Gatsbys, and both turners used a "red" wood...:D
Rest assured Mike; Yours is neither a Gatsby nor is it turned from a "red" wood!

Doug W Swanson
10-23-2012, 11:40 PM

You mean to tell me that's not a requirement?:eek:

Actually the pen I made is neither a Gatsby nor red.....

Maria Alvarado
10-24-2012, 7:22 AM
Hah! Well, my exchange pen is a Wall Street II, and while "red" might have been an equally appropriate color, it is rather yellow-ish. Although after the rollercoaster stockmarket ride of the last few days, it might more accurately represent the color of the traders these days :rolleyes:

Jeremy Killingbeck
10-26-2012, 8:38 PM
Below is a picture of the pen that I sent Phil Rose. The pen is a European pen kit. It is made from a dark piece of cherry and was inlayed with birds eye maple.

Jeremy Killingbeck
10-26-2012, 8:45 PM
Below is a picture of the pen I received from Phil Rose. The pen is made from redwood burl. Overall I really enjoyed this pen exchange and am looking forward to next year. Hope to see more great pictures from the exchange.

John M. Smith
10-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Sent the pen I made for Clint Baxter today. It was neither red, nor a Wallstreet. Hope he likes it. No picture as I want to surprise him.

John

Mike Cruz
10-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I ended up with 3 partners! I sent Jim's and Mack's pens out already. Waiting to hear from Sean Koehn to exchange addresses...box is all packed and ready to ship!

Jim Burr
10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Nice Euro Jeremy...knot looks great!! That's a sweet Sierra to pop in your pocket!

Greg Just
10-27-2012, 9:10 AM
Here is the pen Tom Wilson sent to me. A very nice comfort pen. Tom include a pen blank and a piece of red bud. I'll be making a potpourri bowl out of the red bud. Thanks Tom.

Joe Van Norman
10-29-2012, 9:50 AM
My photography skills certainly do not do justice to the pen and other items I recieved from Maria Alvarado on Friday. The pen is a titanium plated Wall Street II dressed in an eucalyptus burl. In addition to a wonderful pen, she added some box elder, redwood, and black cherry.

Jon Lanier
10-29-2012, 2:44 PM
Jeff just told me he got the pen and asked me to post a picture. This is a Jr. Gent II/Gun Metal with an acrylic called Molten Metal. I usually don't use acrylics with Rollerball pens but the Gun metal just seemed to be the right pairing.

Jim Burr
10-29-2012, 4:51 PM
Great stuff guys!!! It's pen month on SMC!

Jim Burr
10-29-2012, 5:07 PM
I love coming home from a week on the road...there are always boxes!!
From my friend Mike Cruz (toss him a prayer, he lives in Maryland and the hurricane is headed to that neighborhood!) a beautiful Ultra Cigar Ti and gold (?) all in deer antler! Finish is amazing and a great feel/weight to it. Only one pic of the other box to save bandwidth, but he tossed in all sorts of "junk wood" tailored to a pen maker! Thanks bud!!

Jim Burr
10-29-2012, 5:18 PM
As a glutton for punishment, I picked up two swap folks this year...hate to see anyone miss out! I received this from Tom Prusak and this is an absolute first for me...an aluminum pen!! I was out of town when it came in and my wife sent me a shot of it. Needless to say I was doing the"hmmmm...is that dyed...cast...what?" Got home last night and holy rusted metal Batman!! Maybe Tom will offer up the method, but either way, I am in awe. Thanks Tom...it really is one of a kind and just plain amazing. This will always be treasured!!

Mike Cruz
10-29-2012, 6:30 PM
Yes, Jim, that's Maryland Whitetail Deer antler. Roamed the woods at my brother's house. Not that it matters to you, but it is naturally shed antler, not shot... Anyway, it is sanded down with micromesh, but no finish. I've heard a lot of conflicting methods about and re: putting finish on antler. It polishes up so great without any finish, so, I didn't put any on it. If you want to add a finish, feel free.

Oh, and that pen from Tom is one of a kind and beautiful!

Jim Burr
10-29-2012, 6:47 PM
Ahhh...heard rumors about whitetail. It is in my pocket as we speak Mike...I really love it...and the Ultra plating is great. Again...mucho gras!!

allen thunem
10-30-2012, 8:38 AM
some really beautiful work being displayed.
sounds like everyone so far has enjoyed the swap. thanks to the few who took on extra work to assist the late comers.

Dale Coons
10-30-2012, 9:47 AM
With apologies for photography, here's some pics of a really nice Black Ash Burl rollerball from Doug Swanson--Thanks Doug! I always seem to do ok with a CA finish, but Doug's is absolutely glassy. Also included were a variety of 'pen chunks' which is always fun--and there are a couple of new species for me--desert ironwood (Doug's fave, according to Doug) and sumac. Doug's pen is on the way....

Bobby McCarley
10-30-2012, 1:01 PM
This is the PITH pen I recieved from Sam Upton for my PITH pen. It is a sierra style alligator pen. I really like the sierra style pens and alligator is the perfect choice for a Louisiana boy. Thanks for a nice pen Sam.

Bobby McCarley
Louisiana

Bobby McCarley
10-30-2012, 1:10 PM
The pen for Sam Upton is sierra style mesquite pen with malachite inlays. I also included a bottle stopper made with mesquite with a Texas quarter in the top, and a piece of cast cactus blank made by Curtis. I hope you enjoy and it has been a pleasure exchanging pen with you Sam.

Bobby McCarley
Louisiana244404244405244406244407

Mike Cruz
10-30-2012, 4:30 PM
Bobby, pardon my ignorance, but is that a "part" of an alligator? If so, what...part?

Steve Doerr
10-30-2012, 6:33 PM
Just put my package to Berry Elder in Fort Pierce FL in the mail. I hope he likes it. From what I have seen so far, people are getting some really cool pens. The aluminum pen reminds me of the robot in the one Terminator movie that melts and reforms. It has that same shine and glimmer to it that the melted robot had. Can't wait to see what I'm getting. Allen, thanks for putting this together.
Steve

Bobby McCarley
10-30-2012, 6:41 PM
Mike, usually they use part of the jaw bone and cast it in acrylic. I would think you could use any piece of the bone that is available, but not sure.

Bobby

Mike Cruz
10-30-2012, 9:04 PM
Ahhhh, that's what I didn't get...it is aligator bone IN resin. That makes sense. I didn't quite understand why it was black and white if it was aligator. Thanks for the explanation.

Ronald Fox
10-30-2012, 9:47 PM
I recieved my PITH pen from Keith Outten a few days ago. I think it is an Aero in Black Titanium and Gold? Very nice plus it has my name engraved so that no one will wander off with it ;)

Thanks Keith, and I'll be sending your pen off in a couple of days. I'm putting on a few more coats of CA.

Ron

allen thunem
10-31-2012, 8:38 AM
not to seem too stupid.. PITH????

Jim Burr
10-31-2012, 9:25 AM
not to seem too stupid.. PITH????
Pen In The Hat=PITH...IAP term

Mike Cruz
10-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks, Allen, for asking, and Jim, for answering. I wondered, too. But wasn't going to be the one who asked... As a woodworker/turner, I always thought we cut the pith OUT of the wood...

allen thunem
10-31-2012, 1:01 PM
Ok now for the really stupid question what does "pen in the hat" refer to?

Jim Burr
10-31-2012, 2:10 PM
Ok now for the really stupid question what does "pen in the hat" refer to?

It started as a drawing kind of thing...you put objects in a hat and do a random drawing. In this case, we put random names in a "hat" and "draw" them out. Pens may not fit in the hat!:D;)

Mike Cruz
11-01-2012, 2:01 PM
Well, I came into this swap late. I was graciously picked up Jim Burr, then contacted by a second turner, Shawn (who I still need to get shipping info for), and then third guy (Mack Cameron) who wanted to join late as well, and since no one hopped on his request for swapping, I did the honor. Jim's pen ought to arrive here tomorrow. But I got Mack's pen yesterday! A very sweet fountain pen in figured walnut. Now, walnut happens to be my favorite wood, so he had me at walnut. Then, he added my name! To boot, his presentation of the pen in a bag, in a box, with literature inside, just blew me away. A class act that none should have passed him up on. AND he added 7 exotic pen blanks in the box! What's not to like? A very big thank you to Mack. You da man!

John M. Smith
11-04-2012, 5:46 PM
Sorry for the bad photos. Here is the pen Clint Baxter sent me. I only make acrylics, so this is my first wood pen.244826Looks much better in person. He also was very kind and sent me some wood blanks.244825There is a mesquite, a spalted curly maple, a desert ironwood, and a bois de rose blank.Guess i am going to have to turn some wood pens now. Thanks very much Clint. This is a fantastic pen to start my pen exchange collection.

Thanks Clint.

John

Jim Burr
11-04-2012, 7:14 PM
Beautiful stuff guys!! Any friend of spalting in a friend of mine. Some cool blanks on the sly!!!

Clint Baxter
11-04-2012, 7:21 PM
Here are pictures of the pen I received from John Smith. It is a beautifully finished Sedona rollerball in an Antique Silver acrylic blank.244841244842

I am also adding a couple more pics of the pen I sent to John that he just posted. The pen is a Statesman in Black Titanium and Rhodium on a highly spalted curly maple blank.

I figured I throw in a few wood blanks for John after he confessed he was primarily an acrylics turner. I will warn you, John, than you will need to use some CA glue to stabilize the maple as you get close to your final shape.

Be sure to post up some pictures after you create your next "masterpieces".

Clint

John M. Smith
11-04-2012, 8:25 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures Clint. And the stats on the pen you sent me. They look tons better than the ones I posted. Photography is another whole hobby in itself. I will post when I get some of those wood blanks turned.

Mike Cruz
11-04-2012, 8:46 PM
Nice pens, both of you, Clint and John. Looks like you both did well! I'm in the same camp as Jim...spalting=good!

Mike Cruz
11-04-2012, 8:54 PM
Sorry, this is a few days (or more) late, but I got my pen from Jim Burr. Now I know why is is "The Pen Man". This is a spectacular Elegant Beauty Sierra. With Golden buckeye burl, deer antler, and aluminum. I have to say that I find it odd/funny/fate that they only two people to use antler for the swap (as of yet) happen to be Jim and I...and we swapped with each other. :) Though, his is much more intricate. ;) Thanks, Jim, for picking me up late!

John M. Smith
11-04-2012, 9:26 PM
Very nice pen you got there Mike. I need to try some segmenting soon.

Jim Burr
11-05-2012, 3:15 PM
Glad ya like it Mike:D...it sure stretched my skills a bit:o! Turning 3 extremely different density materials on the same blank wasn't easy...but learning it half the fun...and frustration;):mad:. I'd really wanted to try a Jr Gent II but there was no way to maintain the alignment of all the pieces.

Mike Cruz
11-05-2012, 3:34 PM
Well, my third partner went AWOL on me. So, I have a pen (and a couple of blanks :rolleyes: ;)) up for grabs, all boxed up and ready to ship, if anyone wants to do a late swap!

Jim Burr
11-05-2012, 5:43 PM
Well, my third partner went AWOL on me. So, I have a pen (and a couple of blanks :rolleyes: ;)) up for grabs, all boxed up and ready to ship, if anyone wants to do a late swap!

Just finished my first Worthless Wood casting...you can be my first victim!!

Mike Cruz
11-05-2012, 6:18 PM
Okay, Jim's the big WEENER!

Patrick McCarthy
11-05-2012, 7:57 PM
I am not a turner, but I have to say there is a lot of great work pictured in this thread. You folks are very lucky indeed!

Jim Burr
11-05-2012, 8:17 PM
Okay, Jim's the big WEENER!

Not the first time I've heard that one!!

Doug W Swanson
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Here's the pen I received from Dale Coons. It's a black Carbara style with Desert Ironwood. Dale surprised me with the Desert Ironwood because I included it with a few other blanks in his package and told him that DI was my favorite. If you haven't turned DI, you must pick some up. It turns great and once finished it will have a little gold shimmer to it. Dale did a great job and it goes well with black. Plus I really like this style of pen!

Dale also included a nice assortment of blanks in the package.

Thanks Dale!

Mack Cameron
11-06-2012, 2:12 PM

Mike and I have sweated the last few days wondering if it was ever going to get here. I struggled with bubble wrap unwrapping for a few hours, and here's what appeared.

I think it's a Carbara, plated in Blk. Ti. and turned from deer? antler. First antler pen for me!

A pile of spalted maple? blanks that I will use for my "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers" project which I turn each year at this time.

http://www.pensforcanadianpeacekeepers.ca/

Thanks Mike for picking me up as a late swap partner. It's been my pleasure to be associated with you!

Mike Cruz
11-06-2012, 4:44 PM
HA! Glad it made it over the border. ;) I like how you took the pic of the pen with the blanks. Cool. The pen is Polaris from PSI in Black Titanium. I love this style pen when you have a shorter, but beutiful blank. Works well with antler. Admittedly, the blanks I sent you aren't dry, so you'll have to give them a DNA bath, microwave 'em, or just let them sit a while before you use them...sorry. It was a pleasure swapping with you, Mack. I, too, am glad we hooked up!

Jim Burr
11-06-2012, 5:43 PM
Well done to the last several of you...Gald you found a partner Mack. Without a doubt, far better than I could have done!

Don Nicholas
11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
245103245104This is the pen and box that I sent to Michael Dromey for the 2012 pen swap
The pen is a Sierra with an Amboyna blank. The box is Spalted Beech with a 2mm foam liner.
Note the recess on the bottom left of the lid. When the lid is in place, press on the top of the lid and the other end pops up to open

Mike Cruz
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Another nice pen!

Jim Burr
11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Lot of work in both those Don...well done!!

allen thunem
11-08-2012, 9:06 AM
Is everyone accounted for???
Thanks everyone there was some really gorgeous work displayed. And thanks to all of those who picked up the late comers. Thing seemed to go off without much difficulty.
Will do it again in a few months.

anyone interested in doing a shaving brush or shaving handle swap???

i will post an seperate thread seeing what kind of interest there might be

Mike Cruz
11-08-2012, 9:18 AM
Allen, since my thrid swapper went AWOL, Jim Burr and I are doing another one. Mine is already shipped out, and I think he'll be shipping out mid week next week.

Have you checked to see if everyone has chimed in already?

Steve Doerr
11-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I sent mine to Barry Elder about a week ago and haven't seen anything posted. I'll check with him to make sure that he got it.
Steve

allen thunem
11-08-2012, 9:47 PM
nope mike havnt heard a word yet

Mike Cruz
11-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Allen, not sure if you understood my question. I wasn't asking if you'd heard from my AWOL partner. I've written him off by now. I was asking if you had gone through the list to check if everyone that has signed up posted their pen, or at least that the person that sent it posted a pic...

thomas prusak
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
245666245667245668Here are pics of the pen Jim Burr sent me for the exchange. The pics do not do justice, but I am barely a woodturner, let alone a photographer. The red in the acrylic is a deep red candy color which happens to be my favorite color. Black titanium finish. I was away for the past two weeks, and the pen had been sitting at my house for quite some time.
Thank you Jim for the great pen! I really do like it, and will be taking it with me on my travels.

Mike Cruz
11-16-2012, 1:03 PM
I ended up doing a second swap with Jim. And he again, did not disappoint! How could he? Thanks, Jim, and for the extras...some veneer. Guess he's been noticing me glueing up my own blanks. Mighty sneaky of you, Jim.;)

Scott Lux
11-17-2012, 5:30 PM
Here is the beautiful pen Neil Longhenry (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?52620-Neil-Longhenry) sent me I've misplaced the sheet he sent telling me what it is, Spalted Maple Cigar if I recall correctly. Neil, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, here is the hackberry shop pencil I sent him

Jim Burr
11-19-2012, 12:08 PM
I ended up doing a second swap with Jim. And he again, did not disappoint! How could he? Thanks, Jim, and for the extras...some veneer. Guess he's been noticing me glueing up my own blanks. Mighty sneaky of you, Jim.;)

245666245667245668Here are pics of the pen Jim Burr sent me for the exchange. The pics do not do justice, but I am barely a woodturner, let alone a photographer. The red in the acrylic is a deep red candy color which happens to be my favorite color. Black titanium finish. I was away for the past two weeks, and the pen had been sitting at my house for quite some time.
Thank you Jim for the great pen! I really do like it, and will be taking it with me on my travels.

Thanks guys!!! Thomas, that is one of my favorite castings...it came out exactly how I pictured it. I think the reverse paint didn't hold at the nib end :mad:...well, a lesson learned! Mike, that was my first ever pressure cast so I felt the need to add a finial. If I thought it would hold up...it would have been closed-end. That is from HRB received from Keller...that guy throws out the best stuff!! I really hope both of you get years of enjoyment out of those...a lot of effort went into both.

James Combs
11-22-2012, 9:47 AM
I had posted my pen that I got from Luke Pighetti early on but I believe Luke has been tied up so I told him I would post the one I sent him.

Very similar to the one he sent me:
Gold Slimline dressed int old barnwood wormy Chestnut.

Neil Longhenry
11-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Scott,
I am glad you like the pen. Wood is Spalted Maple, pen kit is the El Grande.
I have used the pencil you sent me and it feels very comfortable in my hand.
Glad you posted a picture of your fine work. I have to get my photo area cleaned out.
Thanks again.

Michael Dromey
11-28-2012, 9:10 PM
I really like this Don. I keep it in the box on my dresser. I appreciate you sending it to me. What kind of wood is this?

Mike

Michael Dromey
11-28-2012, 9:23 PM
No I am sending my pen to Don tomorrow. I just couldn't seem to get in the shop very quickly. Thank You Don N. for being patient with me.

Mike

Keith Outten
11-28-2012, 11:42 PM
This is the pen that Ron Fox made for me. It is a Zen (Black Titanium) Rollerball pen kit, the wood is Cocobolo and Zebrawood. The inlay is made from Purpleheart with an outside layer of maple. The finish is CA adhesive.

I tried my best but the picture is not representative of the beauty of this pen. This is incredible workmanship, there is nothing else to say that could describe Ron's work on this beautiful pen. Thanks Ron!

Don Nicholas
12-04-2012, 5:47 PM
Yesterday I received my swap pen from Michael Dromney. A Rhodium plated Slimline. The pen is wrapped with a stunning Figured Maple blank.
Michael did an outstanding job in both fit and finish. Michael tells me that this is his first swap, I for one will be looking forward to seeing his work.
He also included 6 Osage Orange blanks and a very nice pen sleeve.
Thank you very much Michael.

Michael Dromey
12-04-2012, 9:28 PM
Thank you Don. I hope you enjoy it. When you make a pen from one of the blanks I look forward to seeing it.

Mike

Rob Price
12-07-2012, 4:55 AM
Great looking pens everyone. I went AWOL for a bit there this past fall, things got a little crazy and I wasn't around and missed signing up for the swap. I want to be sure I get in on the next one- even if it's not until later in the year, sign me up please!

Mike Cruz
12-07-2012, 8:04 AM
Rob, good to have you back! I oddly enough, ended up with 3 partners. One went AWOL on me, so I HAD an extra all boxed up. Unfortunately, Jim Burr took me up on my offer to do another swap with anyone interested already (that made him my first and thrid partner!). Oh, and I don't mean "unfortunately" in the sense that it was unfortunate for ME (that actually worked out GREAT!!!), but rather for you in that you could have still done it. ;) Sorry. Catch ya next year!

Mark Eisen
01-07-2013, 4:45 AM
This is the pen that I sent to Kieth Outten for the 2012 pen swap
The pen is a Baron dressed in Bauhinia blakeana common name Hong Kong Orchid.
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=hong+kong+orchid+tree&start=101&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&rlz=1C1SKPC_enAU330AU333&biw=930&bih=593&tbm=isch&tbnid=4TfxlwJMngWN6M:&imgrefurl=http://dipz-dipz.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html&docid=eKdiK1ieQqQBtM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LZomQPRJLws/Tr62pxaGhWI/AAAAAAAADkg/un_FaxPWS1I/s1600/Photo2600.jpg&w=1600&h=1239&ei=RJjqUL24BZCUiQec0ICICw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=545&vpy=269&dur=1721&hovh=198&hovw=256&tx=138&ty=112&sig=104960245016564059029&page=6&tbnh=142&tbnw=193&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:100,i:31

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/wm460/PENS/DSC02274.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/wm460/PENS/DSC02275.jpg

Stan Smith
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
That's very unique! I've never seen one with inlay before. Nicely done!

Stan

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Here are few pens I made. The flame and yellow star pens are both inlaid with acrylic which was cut on the laser. Time consuming but I think they came out pretty decent. The bolt action pens were done for a customer. The blue & white swirls I made by casting the blank using Alumilite.

Mike Cruz
02-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Mike, nice pens. Who did you swap them with?

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-12-2013, 7:41 AM
Mike, nice pens. Who did you swap them with?

Hi Mike...thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by swap them with? I am new to the turning forum. I am usually in the Engravers Forum.

Mack Cameron
02-12-2013, 8:05 AM
Hi Mike...thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by swap them with? I am new to the turning forum. I am usually in the Engravers Forum.I think you posted your pens in the incorrect forum. That's why you are getting the question from Mike C., but for the life of me I'm not certain where you should be posting your pens!

Doug W Swanson
02-12-2013, 8:16 AM
I'm not certain where you should be posting your pens!

This would be the correct forum but Mike's pens would get more exposure if he just posted them in a new thread.

Nice pens, Mike!

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
This would be the correct forum but Mike's pens would get more exposure if he just posted them in a new thread.

Nice pens, Mike!

Thank you Doug! I appreciate it very much. I will peruse around the Turners forum more.

Sorry if I posted my pens in the incorrect thread. Regardless, it is great to hear feedback on your workmanship.

Mike Cruz
02-12-2013, 2:57 PM
Sorry, Mike, yeah, this is the right forum (Turner's Forum). But this thread was about a pen swap here on SMC where people opted in to swap a pen with another turner. I wasn't sure if you were just posting pens that you made, or if you were just late in posting pics of the pens that you made for the swap, or what. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt...that it was just that you were late in posting your pics.

So, go ahead and start a new thread posting the pics of your pens with descriptions. If you just want to share them with everyone, that's perfectly fine. If you want C&C (comments and critique) on them, be sure to ask for it in your thread.

And welcome to the Turning forum!