PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Jim Becker!!!

Tim Morton
04-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Boy oh Boy!!! I won't spoil the surprise for those who have not seen the blog...just wanted to say conratulations before I headed up to bed. Get lots of rest while you can cuz you are going to need it!!!!:D:D

Joe Mioux
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
I hope this is what I think it is.....

Joe

if it is, Big Congrats!

Jerry Olexa
04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Jim, I do not have your blog accessed but if this is what i think, a MAJOR

CONGRATULATIONS! What is the blog address?? Again, Jim, we are very happy for you...What are the details?:)

John Motzi
04-15-2005, 6:16 AM
Jim,

Congratulations to both of you! This all sounds so very exciting!

JM

Jeff Sudmeier
04-15-2005, 8:26 AM
:) looking forward to finding out what this is all about :)

Glenn Clabo
04-15-2005, 8:47 AM
Kind of like in the old days...Is it a boy or is it a girl. I'm not wondering what this is all about...nope I'm not.

Two BOYS!!!!! Now how cool is that! AWESOME!

Jerry Clark
04-15-2005, 8:47 AM
I will add mine also! You both will be blessed! :) :) :) :)

Todd Burch
04-15-2005, 8:49 AM
http://a-j-adopt.blogspot.com/

Congrats Jim and Alison!! woo-hoo!!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-15-2005, 8:59 AM
Wow congratulations to all 4 of you!! You all deserve eachother!

Mark Singer
04-15-2005, 9:10 AM
Jim,

Wonderful! Mazal Tov! This is a great story and a great beggining!

Jon Olson
04-15-2005, 9:11 AM
What a brave and noble step to accept this role....I'm extremely happy for you two!!!

Jon

Tom Pritchard
04-15-2005, 9:13 AM
Jim and Alison, my warmest congratulations to you and your new family! This is so very cool, esp. after reading your BLOG and knowing how much it meant to you, and how hard you worked for it. I knewit would turn out like this, great things happen to great people!!!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-15-2005, 9:17 AM
Congrats Alison and Jim! Fantastic!

Keith Starosta
04-15-2005, 9:45 AM
Jim, I gave Krista the update and she got all misty. :D A HUGE congrats to you both for this blessing. I know there is still a long road ahead, but this has got to be a great feeling for you guys. All our thoughts and prayers go out to all four of you!!!

Keith

Scott Coffelt
04-15-2005, 9:46 AM
Sounds great, wonderful thing to do.

JayStPeter
04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Wow, major life change coming. Congrats!

Jay

Bob Hovde
04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Congratulations! 4 and 5 - Do you understand the meaning of HIGH SPEED? - You will. :D

Bob

Tyler Howell
04-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Guess we won't be seeing or hearing much from Mr B. for a while:p :p .

Congrats folks. Your lives will never be the same.:cool:

Doug Shepard
04-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Jim - Congratulations. But like folks around here are fond of saying - it hasn't really happened if you don't have pics to prove it.:D That's a BIG gloat.

I think we'll understand though if you don't post for a while - what with the increased demands on your time.

Steve Knowlton
04-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Congats On The Adoptions. Both Of My Boys Are Adopted. It Is Great To Adopt Children. We Tellour Boys They Were Chosen And Not Just Born Into Our Family. Simply Awesome.

Michael Ballent
04-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Congrats!!! That is great news, just think of all those projects you have ahead of you :D

Chris Daigh
04-15-2005, 12:50 PM
What a truly awesome thing to do. Such a totally unselfish act that will be the most rewarding thing. Now get started on that bunk bed.

Scott Donley
04-15-2005, 2:01 PM
Congratulations! When do we see the pic's of the new bunk beds? Really GREAT!

Chris Padilla
04-15-2005, 2:41 PM
Ah, most excellent! Wow, two hits at once and boys nonetheless! Are you sure you're ready for this, Jim!!?? :)

One little 3 year old girl keeps us going pretty crazy! :)

Best wishes to you and your new family...I guess we won't be seeing you post on here too much now! :D

...and if we do, we'll be yellin' at you to go help your wife with the kiddies! :D

Norman Hitt
04-15-2005, 3:10 PM
Aaaaah.....the Anticipation of it all,.........but that's what keeps the hearts pumping and the blood flowing. It's even more intense than waiting for a new tool.

What can I say that hasn't already been said by others, except Congratulations of the Highest order, and a sincere wish that all goes well with the Summer visit by the boys and a safe trip for them.

Get plenty of exercise and rest in the meantime,.........'cause you're gonna need it. :) :)

Lou Morrissette
04-15-2005, 3:30 PM
Awesome, Jim! Congrats and the best to both of you. It's a great thing you're doing. Looking forward to pics and details.

Lou

Gary Herrmann
04-15-2005, 3:37 PM
I'm always glad to hear of people who will do this for children. Good for you and good for them. Post some pics soon.

John Shuk
04-15-2005, 3:47 PM
Jim,
Congratulations and good luck! I too am an adoptee and I have a niece and nephew from China as well. You will gain so much and yet you are doing so much for these kids. Just be prepared to have ALL of your tools become "Dust Colllecters"! Who knows maybe sometime my own 2 boys 4 and 2 will get to play with A and J. God Bless.
John

David Fried
04-15-2005, 3:48 PM
Not being a sports fan I didn't understand much of the terminology. When we had our first child my boss looked at me and said, no problem - two on one. When we had our second he said, no problem - man-on-man. When we had our third, he raised an eyebrow and said, Now you need zone coverage. Now I understand all too well!

Two is a good number. They always have someone to play with or fight with and you're still in a man-on-man coverage situation! Enjoy!!!

Bill Sampson
04-15-2005, 4:03 PM
Jim and Alison,
When I read your blog, my mind raced back 35 years about this time when we were notified of our new son entering our lives. When I received the "call" from my wife, the heart stopping feeling you described was how I felt.
You have so much to offer these young men, but what they will bring into your lives cannot be measured. We are excited for you. Your lives are about to change, but each year it only gets better!! I know!
Bill Sampson, Richmond

Bruce Page
04-15-2005, 4:44 PM
Jim, as I said earlier, those children (and new parents:) ) are blessed. Congratulations on the journey you and Alison are embarking on!
May the joys be many and the heartaches few.

Karl Laustrup
04-15-2005, 5:27 PM
:) Congratulations!!:)

Very happy for you both. Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? Do you get to go over there now in the summer, or is it mandatory that you go in the winter. :eek: ;) :D

Whenever it is I'm sure neither of you will even know what the weather is like.

A FAMILY.:) That has a nice ring to it. :)

Tony Falotico
04-15-2005, 6:06 PM
Congratulations, Can't tell you how excited I am for you. Life at the Becker residence will never be the same........

Jerry Olexa
04-15-2005, 7:32 PM
Jim again, sincere CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now that I've read your blog, I better understand. This is a life changing event for you both! When the dust settles later, let's talk. I have called on WalMart Corp HQ for over 20 years with 2 different companies. They are a unique, interesting and powerful business (http://get-faster.com/?go=business)! We'll talk later. We are delighted for both of you!!!

Dick Parr
04-15-2005, 8:21 PM
Congratulations Jim and to your wife, as noted by others that was a really great story with a really great start for you two/four. All the best to all of you. :) :) :)

Fred Voorhees
04-15-2005, 9:36 PM
Of course, you realize that having two boys will eventually mean that "your" tools will then become known as "our" tools. Just funnin' with ya.

Seriously, congratulations to both you and Alison. Karen and I send our most heartfelt wishes for the best of times with the two young lads.

Matt Meiser
04-15-2005, 9:41 PM
Congratulations. Having kids is a great (yet exhausting) experience.

With two boys, we'll be expecting lots of kid/shop and kid/tractor photos! Heck, with one girl, I've got more than a couple myself.

Jim Becker
04-15-2005, 9:58 PM
Geepers creepers...'guess the BLOG gets read! Thanks for your well wishes. Do understand that there is a lot of time and effort still to be taken before we "get there". But we are so pleased to at least have a "visible target" for our hosting this summer and "what comes afterward".

While we do now have some pictures, we cannot post them due to required confidentiality. We do not want to jeapordize things for this and other adoptions through behaviour that is prohibited by Russian law. Hopefully, that will not be an issue during the group events while hosting this summer...we'll see.

Jim & Alison

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/adoptionpicture-tn.jpg

Dan Gill
04-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Outstanding! I am very happy for the both of you. Parenting has taught me so much, and still is. There is nothing like it. I am sure you two are going to be great parents. God bless.

Dan Gill

Ernie Nyvall
04-16-2005, 8:55 AM
What a wonderful thing you two are doing. You will cherish every moment, for a life with children is really complete. Good luck on your endeavor and congratulations.

Ernie

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Jim and Alison
Kay and I are extremely happy for you.
Mazel Tov
May both of you and the boys have all the happiness and good health in the world.
May G_D shine his light onto your family.
Best Regards
Daniel

Randy Moore
04-17-2005, 9:47 PM
Jim,

I salute you and your wife for what you have done. Not too many people do something like this.
Congrats and God Bless:) :)

Randy

John M. Cioffi
04-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Congratulations Jim & Alison.

Doesn't this mean that there are a few new projects in the shop, to make.....
Funiture,toys, ect.ect.?
May you all be Super-Blessed with the SON-Shine from above.
Can't wait to see the picks.
John

Jim Becker
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments and positive thoughts. This is a life-changing thing and will be challenging. But we know that it will also be a lot of fun in so many ways and even more rewarding.

Doesn't this mean that there are a few new projects in the shop, to make.....
Funiture,toys, ect.ect.?

Yes, the list grows. No major furiture...no time for that and Ikea got the nod this weekend for the necessary beds. But I do have a "toy box" that's been added to my project list as well as some small step stools. The two boys are currently 42" and 37" tall, respectively, and things like sinks and toilets will need a boost. These projects I need to complete before the summer hosting period.

Chris Padilla
04-18-2005, 3:29 PM
One thing I've learned:

It is wonderful and great to NOT have kids to be able to do anything on a whim, go anywhere on a whim, and the financials can be "all about me" BUT

It is also wonderful and great to HAVE kids to be able to watch them grow and teach them and also to relive your own childhood. Suddenly all those "childish" holidays are fun again as you experiece them through your kids.

Life is the choices we make and hopefully, it is all wonderful! :)

Rob Blaustein
04-18-2005, 7:33 PM
Just picked up the thread--great news! Best of luck and I know you'll keep us posted.
-Rob