PDA

View Full Version : X/Y Disabled Problem on Epilog

Liesl Dexheimer
09-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I was about to cut out some plastic and as it was auto-focusing the plunger seemed to go into part of the honeycomb grid. Now I have a message reading X/Y Disabled: X. I turned the machine off & on again but now the plunger is smooshed against the ruler bar. I managed to take out the honeycomb grid but I can't get the table to lower when I choose focus & down (none of my buttons seem to work). Does anyone know how to fix this?

AL Ursich
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
It's Friday Morning... Call Epilog... If it was Saturday Morning then "Houston... We have a problem...."

I have seen this posted before a search might help until someone chimes in....

Can you go into the software and turn off auto focus now? Is there a manual way to back off the table with the power off?

Good Luck,

AL

Liesl Dexheimer
09-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Al, thank you so much for the search suggestion! I just took off the front panel & moved the belt at the bottom, everything works great now! :)

Steve Clarkson
09-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Try opening the front door (with the laser off) and pull the rubber "chain" (I have no idea what to call it) which should allow you to manually lower the table enough such that when you turn it on again it works OK............unless you blew out your X-axis motor.........

Greg Bednar
09-21-2012, 12:27 PM
<snip> pull the rubber "chain" (I have no idea what to call it) <snip>

"cog belt" FWIW

Steve Clarkson
09-21-2012, 12:38 PM
LOL! Thanks Greg! I sink the plunger into my honeycomb grid about once a week and have to lower the table table using the "cog belt"....you would think that I should know what to call it!!!!