View Full Version : Cutlist Plus Update from 2009 to fx?

Matt Meiser
09-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Any upgrade to the latest? I went to 2009 when I got my first Windows 7 machine because I had to and took advantage of an offer to upgrade to the Gold edition at the same time. The current upgrade would run me $145 and I'm wondering if the improvements added in 2011 and fx are worth the cost?

Steve Rozmiarek
09-22-2012, 5:30 AM
I'm curious too Matt, hope someone can share an opinion.

James Biddle
09-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Matt, I've got Cutlist fx Gold. There were 3 reasons that I upgraded from the 2011. The first is that they have an app so I can access my cut list from the shop. This wouldn't be an issue if your shop is on your network. Next is that the fx has a better layout of the cut dimensions on the layout. I found I was always looking at the part to determine the orientation of the cuts in 2011, but the fx layout is much easier. There's also an unplaced parts tab in the layout section to make it easier to see if any parts were missed. I think you had to look at the reports tab to see this on 2011. None of the other new features had much appeal to me. I don't remember which features were introduced in the 2011 version, though. You're welcome to stop over and walk through fx next time you're in the area.

Jim Becker
09-24-2012, 8:49 PM
I own the "silver" Cutlist license and don't recall ever having to pay for an upgrade to a current version after I first registered it. I don't currently have it on this iMac (to use in a Win7 VM), so I don't know what version I have right now.

Matt Meiser
09-24-2012, 9:46 PM
Yep, each new major release requires an upgrade fee. The minor releases are free.