PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut Corel Plug-in problem

Deane Donaghy
09-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I've done some searching but can't the answer I need.
I have a Redsail X700 that came with Lasercut 5.2.01 which I had working with Corel 12.
Now I have Corel X5 and tried to install the plug-in like I did in V12, the macro's appear in the list etc., but when I launch the
plug-in from Corel all I get is an error message.
If it makes any difference, my machine did come with any dongle and in fact the original Lasercut they supplied, the disc was corrupt
so they emailed me the earlier 5.2.01 version which I installed.
I'm wondering if I need a later version to work with Corel X5.
So does anyone have any suggestions, and yes I have contacted Redsail, and I'm waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

Deane Donaghy
09-23-2012, 3:36 AM
An update on this issue.
I received a reply from Redsail suggesting I re-install a later version of Lasermate which they provided (V5.2.05)
So that done and the same issue is still there.
It appears to be VBA run-time error "75".
This doesn't happen if the document is empty, but I get the run-time error if the document has any data, go figure.
So I'm wondering if it's a Corel problem, as V12 works no problem but X5 out.
Any ideas people ??

john banks
09-24-2012, 1:21 PM
If using Vista or Windows 7 try running Corel as administrator.

Mason Atom
09-24-2012, 2:47 PM
An update on this issue.
I received a reply from Redsail suggesting I re-install a later version of Lasermate which they provided (V5.2.05)
So that done and the same issue is still there.
It appears to be VBA run-time error "75".
This doesn't happen if the document is empty, but I get the run-time error if the document has any data, go figure.
So I'm wondering if it's a Corel problem, as V12 works no problem but X5 out.
Any ideas people ??

Shift and right click on CorelDraw, then select "Run as Administrator" and it should work fine after that.

Mason

Deane Donaghy
09-26-2012, 5:06 AM
Thanks for the tip Mason, it worked as it had done before. Funny though as I always install programs as administrator.
Now I'm a happy camper.

Mason Atom
09-26-2012, 8:17 AM
Thanks for the tip Mason, it worked as it had done before. Funny though as I always install programs as administrator.
Now I'm a happy camper.

No prob, glad it worked!