PDA

View Full Version : Heading to philly tomorrow, plan on buying my first laser

TAMI WILSON
09-20-2012, 5:14 PM
Will depend on who makes the best deal, Have narrowed it down to Trotec or Universal.

Wish me Luck :-)

Tami

Scott Shepherd
09-20-2012, 5:37 PM
Will depend on who makes the best deal, Have narrowed it down to Trotec or Universal.

Wish me Luck :-)

Tami

If you buy the Trotec Speedy 300, mention that you should get the free cutting table that's on their blog. It says if you buy it at the show and mention the blog post, you get a free cutting table. Of course, I wouldn't mention that until you finish negotiating the price ;)

Visit their website and look for the blog, it's listed there.

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Ross Moshinsky
09-20-2012, 6:39 PM
My advice is to make them come to your home/shop and give you a real demo. Show demos are VERY misleading.

Scott Shepherd
09-20-2012, 7:00 PM
My advice is to make them come to your home/shop and give you a real demo. Show demos are VERY misleading.

Oh, come on Ross, you mean you can't make a living out of your spare bedroom engraving baby photos and wedding photos on granite tiles? :)

Bill Cunningham
09-20-2012, 9:03 PM
Oh, come on Ross, you mean you can't make a living out of your spare bedroom engraving baby photos and wedding photos on granite tiles? :)

Shoore you can! You make 50 bucks profit for each one, if you only engrave 5 per day, you can make $65000.00 a year! Just ask any salesperson:rolleyes:...

Jiten Patel
09-21-2012, 4:13 AM
Sounds like a great business plan - might have to scrap my plan and work on baby photos!

Walt Langhans
09-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Shoore you can! You make 50 bucks profit for each one, if you only engrave 5 per day, you can make $65000.00 a year! Just ask any salesperson:rolleyes:...

So does that mean if I buy TWO lasers I can make $130,000 per year?!?!?

TAMI WILSON
09-21-2012, 5:31 PM
scott,

I DID AND I DID

SPEEDY 300 80 WATT. WHEWEEE

Thanks for all your help.................might be callin you. LOL

tami

Mike Null
09-22-2012, 7:31 AM
Oh no! Another Speedy 300 80w. Go ahead make me feel bad--that's the one I want.:)

Congratulations!. It wouldn't surprise me if a few years from now you say that's the best equipment purchase you ever made.

Dee Gallo
09-22-2012, 7:40 AM
Go Tami! That's the only machine that would ever make me switch from Epilog - great choice!

Have fun, dee

Keith Outten
09-22-2012, 8:17 AM
Tami,

Welcome to our growing family of Trotec owners here at The Creek. I purchased my Trotec Speedy 300 80 watt early this year, it's an incredible machine.

Scott Shepherd
09-22-2012, 8:27 AM
Congratulation Tami! I muse admit, the Speedy 400, Flex was nice :) It was also nice to take their new driver for a test drive. Some really decent improvements coming with that, if they'd ever release it!

TAMI WILSON
09-22-2012, 7:31 PM
I hope you dealt with Amie, She's a peach!

tami

Robert Tepper
09-22-2012, 8:14 PM
Tami,
I have had my Speedy 300 for less than 3 months. It is the BEST investment I have made in 33 years in business.
Everyday, a new project, something you never thought of before.
Tell everyone you know that you have a laser. Networking is key!
Best of luck,
Robert

Mike Null
09-23-2012, 8:16 AM
Tami

Not only is Amie a peach, she knows lasers inside out. I try to get my tech answers through tech support but on thorny issues I call Amie.

If you had a chance to meet Warren (president) you'll realize quickly this is a company you want to do business with.

Jiten Patel
09-23-2012, 9:41 AM
Great buy and great machines. Speedy 300 is up there with the best.

Spoke to a guy who we use to cut large things on his speedy 500 200w - and he has some less nice things to say about the machine. He is working with Trotec at the moment to iron out the flaws on the machine such as bed sag, focus issues and suction. Something he thinks a £70k machine shouldn't have.

Chris Edens
10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
I bought one there too a Speedy 300 80w. I want it primarily for rubber stamps but will be using it for other things. So I am also new to laser engraving.

Mike Null
10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Chris

Welcome to SMC and congratulations on your purchase. You must be a really smart fellow.;)

Tony Lenkic
10-05-2012, 5:53 PM
Well, I threw my hat in and will be joining continuously growing Trotec club with Speed 300 60 watts.
All you seasoned users expect some questions on operation of this baby.
Thanks in advance.

Keith Outten
10-05-2012, 9:09 PM
Congratulations Tony,

We welcome you as well to our Trotec Club, you will soon understand why we are all so pleased with our machines :)
Most of us will appreciate any questions you ask, I myself have a lot to learn about my Trotec.

Mike Null
10-06-2012, 7:32 AM
Tony

You've got my number. Give me a call if I can help with anything.

You're going to love this machine.

Tony Lenkic
10-06-2012, 8:21 AM
Thank you Keith and Mike,

I hope that transition fro an old ULS driver to Trotec job control is not to difficult for an "old dog to learn new trick", so to speak.
Yes, the decisions to go with speedy was made knowing that SMC community's will be helping when time comes for questions.

Steve, thank you for reassuring me on which way to go in our private emails conversation.

Scott Shepherd
10-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Chris and Tony! I'm sure you are both excited. Looks like the Trotec owners are taking over the place :) It'll be nice to have so many Trotec people on here now.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The machines are incredibly well built and solid machines. I think we'll nothing but better and better things from Trotec in the future.