PDA

View Full Version : best price on...

jack duren
04-14-2005, 7:39 PM
13/16 or 7/8 pre-glued red oak edge banding. the price seems to vary plus shipping throughout the internet. anybody done there homework and found the best pricing? looking for minimum 250' roll....thx jack

Steve Clardy
04-14-2005, 7:46 PM
Paxton Wood. Last roll was $46.00.
They don't sell internet. Do a goggle search and find your closet outlet.

jack duren
04-14-2005, 8:47 PM
cabinetparts has it for $28 250' shipped. paxtons is local here. looking for a better deal if possible. is the $46 for 500' ? never considered paxtons, but do buy some salice hinges from them...jack

Steve Clardy
04-14-2005, 8:52 PM
Oh gosh Jack. I think it was a 500 roll. Getting kinda skinny now. Been a while since I got it from them.
BTW. I used to get the salice hinges there also, but Baer supply has a better price on them by about .15 for the one-piece euro.
Steve

jack duren
04-14-2005, 9:00 PM
just ordered some salice free swing hinges from baer today cause paxton only stocks self closing. funny thing is only paxtons has the full inset hinge plates. cant win fer losin i guess. still gotta buy from paxtons :( .

ill check with paxtons tomorrow. i bought a 500' roll of 1 3/16 red oak off ebay a yr ago. i just opened it up yesturday and the darn thing this "seconds" and seamed right down the center. kinda puts me in a bind as i need it "NOW" :mad: .

thx for the tip....jack

Steve Clardy
04-14-2005, 9:05 PM
Ouch on the seamed stuff.
Never did understand why when a dealer handled a line of product, that they didn't carry the whole line.
Paxtons does pick and choose I've found. Baer does also. But Baer is willing to order it for you if they don't stock it. Like Fulterer slides. Paxton dropped them, and Baer didn't carry them, but they order them in for me.
Steve

jack duren
04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
i dont get too much from baer,paxtons or liberty as far as hardware is concerned anymore too many internet sites willing to wheel and deal. ive been kicked a few times in the past for not buying local. ive tried and after a brief discussion on a cheaper product on the internet and wanting a comparative price baer told me to gettem off the internet. so i did :D .

im too small "not" to save a dime.but....easier is better in some cases....jack

Steve Clardy
04-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Understand that. Hey Jack. Another thought. Have you tried HDL? Commercial site. Great prices. I'll link you up. PM me.