PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with an old meistergram 1912 rotary machine.

James Huggins
09-18-2012, 2:55 PM
I dug out our old meistergram champion 1912 today, had a fiddle with it and managed to get it working with engravelab other that the old dos software.
I managed to engrave some simple text but I can't figure out if I'm going to to be able to use a parallel cutter and cut shapes out. We make a lot of control panel labels and engrave the text, then cut out the circular holes, then cut out the actually shape of the label after.
Anyone know of this will be possible?

Hilton Lister
09-18-2012, 4:00 PM
We can do all that with our Meistergram 1412, & 912. EngraveLab will assign colors to different parts of your layout and wait for you to change cutters to engrave those parts. You can also offset the cutout lines to half the width of your parallel cutter if you require a 90 degree edge to your piece. Really, it's just a question of having your cutters set to the required depths.

James Huggins
09-18-2012, 4:57 PM
How do you set the z on your controller? Does yours have 3 dials on the front and one that move the z up and down in steps? I don't seem to have any control of depth only the dials on the controller

Hilton Lister
09-19-2012, 2:03 AM
We have the same on the 912. Do you not have a depth regulator mechanism on the lower end of the spindle?

Mike Null
09-19-2012, 7:49 AM
James

Check the web sites of Antares and Bruce Diamond for an explanation of cutters. A parallel cutter is probably not what you need for engraving.

Depth is set with the micrometer as Hilton has suggested. Loosen the cutter in the spindle hold the spindle in the down position and let the cutter touch the material to be engraved. While it is still loose set the micrometer to "0". Tighten the cutter then set the micrometer to the depth you want to cut.