PDA

View Full Version : Dutchman or butterfly key alternatives

Prashun Patel
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
I have a long slab with a very large split across the middle that I'd like to feature as a table. The split is too wide and long to tastefully (IMHO) bridge with epoxy. I'd like to apply some decorative inlays, but am looking for alternatives to the butterfly keys that are typically used. The bridging will be strictly decorative. Any pix or links for inspiration welcome!

Mel Fulks
09-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Have you seen Wendell Castles table with the carved gloves and keys on the top? The beauty of ordinary things is a theme not used much now,but one with a long history.My own favorite is that Roman mosaic " the unswept floor",it's still the most beautiful and practical kitchen floor.

kevin nee
09-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I recently used musicial notes. These notes are 3/8 thick and structural241410

Andrew Hughes
09-19-2012, 1:01 AM
Hi Pashtun,Check out the projects gallery for tassajara design they made ebony bench with connectors in the middle.I think it's awesome.

Prashun Patel
09-19-2012, 9:51 AM
Pashtun. That's one for the books, Andrew. I got a chuckle out of that. I get Prashan, Prashant, Pashun, Preshrunk, Prashum, Prussian, and a lot of others, but never Pashtun. Thanks!

Andrew Hughes
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry about that i was up past my bedtime last night.:o

Prashun Patel
09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
That link you posted was great and humbling. Just when you think yr getting good...